Yelp is looking for a Product Manager to help lead the vision, strategy, and execution for our Customer and Sales Intelligence team. In this role, you’ll be expected to work with your team to leverage intelligence about our businesses to drive local business acquisition, retention, sales and marketing effectiveness. Machine learning problems in this space include high-impact business products in areas like pricing and merchandising optimization and account recommendation model for sales effectiveness.
The culture at Yelp is nimble and fun and you’ll work with a cross-functional group of product managers, ML engineers, Biz Ops teams, and data scientists. You’ll have full ownership of the product you’re working on and will be able to make fast decisions in a highly collaborative environment. Yelp also has a rich dataset of over 100M users/month visiting our platform which lends itself to an incredibly fun problem space.
We’d love you to apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single point in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Where You Come In:
- Have a healthy obsession for experimentation and data: validating hypotheses & iterating quickly
- Lead the product lifecycle: talk with customers, create OKRs, write product requirements, prioritize backlogs, and work closely with engineering to deliver winning products and measure the impact they have
- Play a key role in ensuring that product efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals
What It Takes To Succeed:
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Problem solver: loves to figure out complex, unstructured problems and constantly thinks about how to make processes more efficient; you can do your own analysis using Python and SQL
- Ability to bring focus: knows what matters most to make the business successful and are able to effectively translate that focus to the team
- Bias towards action: you’re a great collaborator, master disambiguator, and are constantly pushing toward clarity and results
- Experience managing the development process: you know how to make things happen
- Energized by driving revenue growth and translating customers’ wants and needs into concrete features
- Ability to communicate with many stakeholders across different parts of the organization
Local businesses are turning to Yelp because we’re uniquely positioned to help them reach their customers during these challenging times. Our Engineering & Product teams have responded by quickly identifying their needs and building innovative products and features to support them. Our commitment to connecting people with great local businesses has never been stronger.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.