The Lead Regulatory Engineer - Electrical will be responsible for ensuring that Magic Leap’s products (ML device, batteries and chargers, etc) meet all applicable electrical regulatory requirements for Enterprise and Medtech market launch and throughout the product life cycle. You will work closely with Regulatory Bodies, Test Labs, Product Design Teams, Supply chain and Electrical Engineers to ensure Magic Leap’s products are in full compliance.
- Identify applicable electrical regulatory requirements and provide technical translation of requirements to Engineering teams as required
- Work with Quality Assurance and Engineering teams to implement requirements into product definition
- Interface with Test labs and internal teams to develop required test plans
- Oversee and support all external electrical testing at test labs as required
- Prepare and review documentation for test labs, notified body and other governing regulatory bodies.
- Review and critique test reports generated by test labs
- Create processes as needed to ensure applicable requirements are met
- Support product post-launch changes (e.g., product evolution, corrective actions) to ensure on-going compliance.
- Create and maintain objective evidence of compliance to applicable electrical regulatory requirements
- Stay current with any changes to regulatory landscape i.e., new requirements, that may affect Magic Leap products.
- 7+ years of experience with IEC 60950, IEC 60601 and recent work with IEC 62368
- 7+ years of US and OUS in regulatory compliance testing and certifications.
- Medical device and IEC 60601 experience required
- Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical and complex problem-solving skills.
- The ability to develop partnerships with cross-functional teams within company.
- Ability to work independently and has strong team building skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and keep track of details.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams in parallel.
- Proficiency with MS and Google software applications.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical or RF Engineering
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.