About the Role
Roll up your sleeves and climb on board if you're ready to be our next Lead Software Engineer. This role will posit you to be an integral player in the GoFood Engineering team based in Bangalore & Gurgaon, India. With the knowledge of building scalable applications, current user preferences, and emerging technologies, you will be responsible for designing and managing applications, evolving and boosting productivity for the GoFood Engineering team, and delivering a cutting edge product aimed at improving customer experience on GoFood. You will get to be a part of one of the biggest food delivery systems with high throughput and visible end user impact.
What You Will Do
- Understand the user and their behavior and continuously contribute to make their experience better with each release
- Be responsible for the overall delivery and the solution architecture of the feature your team will be working on
- Design and develop highly scalable, reliable and fault tolerant systems for one of the world's fastest growing unicorns
- Communicate, collaborate and work effectively with product and business stakeholders across distributed teams in a global environment
- Be responsible for the overall growth, learning and happiness of your team members
What You Will Need
- At least 7 years of hands-on experience in designing, developing, testing and deploying large scale applications in any language or stack
- Good understanding of Golang / Ruby / Java / Python
- Data modelling experience in both Relational and NoSQL databases
- Able to design and implement low latency RESTful services
- Experience in leading small teams and owning the overall delivery for the teams
- Experience in conducting performance reviews for team members in the past and has worked towards giving them a growth path in their careers
- Continuously refactor applications and architectures to maintain high quality levels
- Passion for learning new things, solving challenging problems
About the Team
Our GoFood team consists of 70+ zealous folks from various disciplines working towards a common mission. As Nasi Goreng is to the people of Indonesia, we are to Gojek: providing the nourishment to sustain our business from the inside out. Our main responsibility is to cater customers with the best possible selection of food at the most affordable price that offers the best user experience to consumers and growth for merchants and drivers. How does one achieve this, you may ask? By collaborating diligently with our consumers/driver partners in an effort to solve their daily problems.
As a team, we’re concerned not only with the growth of the company, but each other’s personal and professional growths, too. Along with a common drive to solve problems, our team bonds over our shared love for tea, movies and TV shows. With WFH becoming more normalized, you best believe we’ve been sharing our favorite ways to prioritize a healthy work-life balance at home (Netflix, anyone?😜).
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2021, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.