We are building the future of freight
Mothership's groundbreaking technology is unlocking the world's potential by making freight delivery more efficient. Founded in 2017, we're backed by some of venture capital's best investors and have already become the logistics backbone for many of today's most innovative companies.
To double down on that success, we're looking for highly driven and detail-oriented individuals looking to add value, solve problems and join a rocket ship. If that's you, join us in reshaping logistics. Together we'll replace tired and comfortable incumbents with a modern marketplace built around speed, ease of use and fairness.
As an Engineering Manager on the Mobile team, you'll lead the development of our iOS and Android driver mobile experiences. You will develop a deep understanding of Mothership's business strategy and goals and architect modern, cross-platform solutions to our unique challenges. Optimization and efficiency is in our blood; your work will be directly responsible for reducing CO2 emissions, miles driven and traffic congestion in cities, while simultaneously delivering what the world needs faster.
The ideal candidate for this role has recent hands-on experience designing, building, and iterating on on-demand, location-based marketplace mobile apps. We're looking for an Engineering Manager who shares our passion for delighting our drivers with incredible experiences. Our team works in a collaborative, fast-paced environment, so excellent communication skills and a willingness to take risks and push boundaries are a must.
What you’ll get to do
- Lead and develop the team through hiring, retaining, coaching, and continually building the team’s capabilities
- Collaborate with senior leadership, product managers, and engineering pods across Mothership to furiously push fresh mobile products
- Provide technical direction and cultivate a culture where team members are empowered and demonstrate of strong sense of ownership
- Identify inefficiencies and opportunities to improve our agile processes using Asana, OKRs, and other tools to ensure clarity and transparency throughout the company
- Collaborate with Analytics, Data Science & Routing teams to provide a world-class dispatch system and seamless in-app navigation to our nationwide network of carrier drivers
- Architect and develop cutting edge on-demand mobile applications, responsible for delivering millions of dollars worth of goods daily
What success looks like in this role
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in a leadership role at either a well-established organization or at a high-growth company
- Strong product mindset with the desire to build next generation mobile experiences
- Experience developing native apps for on-demand, location based marketplaces
- Experience managing automated publishing to Android and iOS app stores
- Significant experience developing software incrementally with continuous development and deployment
- Experience with library development, geospatial engineering, and offline-first development
- Technical capacity to partner with cross-functional tech leads and comfortable being hands-on in all areas of the product stack (frontend, backend, data)
- Ability to rapidly iterate on product features and enjoy working in an environment with a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to both professionals and non-specialists
Technologies we're working with
- Google OR Tools
Salary, Benefits & Perks
- $176k – $220k • 0.071% – 0.123%
- Full health, dental and vision insurance coverage
- 401k (4% company match)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Work at our bright, window filled, open floor plan office in Culver City, CA
- Equipped with the latest technology
Culture at Mothership
We’re an ambitious, endlessly curious, and open-minded group. Our team is passionate about our mission and eager to produce work at the highest level. The office is upbeat and supportive, because we care about each other and believe positive momentum equals better outcomes.
If this sounds like a place you’d be a great addition to, let’s chat.