Full-Time · USA or Europe (Remote)
KUDO is the market-leading platform for multilingual video meetings, built for governments and enterprises to communicate across numerous languages in real-time around the world.
Earlier this year, KUDO experienced an unprecedented surge in growth due to global circumstances that brought business travel and in-person meetings to an overnight halt. KUDO is now helping bridge critical lines of communication for international organizations and Fortune 1000 companies across different languages, cultures, and continents. Our platform achieves this by creating a seamless user experience where human professional interpreters work remotely through our powerful cloud-driven platform to facilitate multilingual video meetings and events built for the New Normal.
KUDO was founded in 2017 and is Headquartered in New York City. Our team is globally distributed and culturally diverse with employees spanning across all corners of the world. We have teams, partners, and customers in North America, Europe, Asia, and South America. We are eagerly seeking talented individuals to join us in our mission to overcome language and geographic barriers around the world. If our mission resonates with you, we highly encourage you to apply within! The technology department of KUDO counts 71 tech talents and experts spread in 10 countries covering web and mobile development, UI, AI research, cloud & infrastructure, QA, and Integration in prominent web conferencing platforms.
About the Role
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer (frontend) to join a growing team of front-end engineers, develop valuable features, and significantly impact the product and roadmap. You will be at the forefront of developing the KUDO Marketplace application and various other KUDO products.
**We are only accepting candidates based in North America or Europe for this position, and who are willing to work remotely.**
What You’ll Do
- Lead through example, creating software our clients will love to use
- Follow and advocate best practices, mentoring team members
- Work closely with product managers to turn wireframes, mockups, and drawings into functional application features
- Estimate work efforts as part of sprint planning
- Collaborate freely with people across the globally distributed organization
- Design and engineer solutions to difficult problems
- Deliver reliable, scalable, and maintainable code
- Perform code reviews and participate in pair programming
What You Bring
- 3+ years of experience with React JS and React Native
- Experience building an enterprise-level Software as a Services (SaaS) product with high standards on application performance and stability.
- Working on B2B and B2G products is a big plus
- Proficiency in working with a Rails back-end preferred
- Advanced understanding of HTML5, SCSS (or CSS3)
- Extensive knowledge of Redux
- Proficiency with a modern IDE like WebStorm
- Experience with testing frameworks like Jest, Enzyme, Mocha, and others
- Commitment to TDD, SOLID principles, and related best practices in OOP
- Passion for customers and a proven track record of delivering products and services of the highest quality
- Experience with ADA compliance preferred
- Skills with AWS technologies
- Experience integrating with REST APIs
- Ability to interact and build trust with all levels of staff and management, clearly articulating complex processes to audiences with varying levels of understanding
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
What We are Looking For
- Experience in a high growth startup is strongly preferred
- Creative problem-solver with a "bring it on" attitude
- Knowledgeable and up to date with trends, best practices, and cutting-edge tools
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Success in working well remotely and collaboratively with a geographically distributed team
- Flexible with hours to coordinate with other team members across the globe
- Comfortable working remotely and using video conferencing
- Being a team player with excellent manners and personality
- Values humility, collaboration, and openness
- A positive work atmosphere with flexible hours
- Talented and culturally diverse teams to work and build relationships with from across the world
- Opportunity to have a true impact on a mission-driven business that's solving a key global issue
- Great autonomy to achieve your goals and grow as a person
- Learning and career development opportunities
This position includes a competitive salary based on experience with generous benefits and a flexible work structure.