Job Summary: This position is for a battery systems engineer. The role of this position is to ensure that customer expectations are met by overseeing the technical interfaces of sub-systems.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
· The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
· Passionate about delivering the best solution to our customers
Job Tasks / Responsibilities
· Manage customer, internal, and legal requirements including identification, communication, traceability and compliance. Prior experience with TraceCloud a plus.
· Develop application specific DFMEA’s and update boundary diagrams.
· Assist functional groups with the creation of DVP&R’s based off requirements.
· Work with suppliers to develop innovative products.
· Develop and execute test plans for high level design verification and manufacturing controls.
· Analyze data to ensure customer expectations are met.
Required Experience / Education
· Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from a four-year accredited college or university required.
· The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of multi-disciplinary systems.
· Working experience with product development cycles
· Experience with batteries, battery management systems (BMS), power electronics, or other energy systems is desirable.
· Strong communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) and ability to discuss technical issues with wide range of audiences
o Present to various levels of management with different depth of expertise
o Articulate specifics on products’ details
o Describe development proposals and problem descriptions
· Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.)
· Read and interpret technical requirements/specifications documents
· Write routine reports and correspondence
· Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
· Work with mathematical concepts such as calculus, matrices, probability and statistics.
· Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
· Generate graphical representations of product behavior (plots, pie-charts, distribution)
· Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
· Ability to troubleshoot complex issues using fundamental principles
· To perform this job successfully, working knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, Database software, and Presentation software are mandatory
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job
o Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather) and vibration
· The noise level in the work environment is generally quiet, with occasional exposure to noisy laboratory environments. Wearing of safety glasses when in manufacturing, testing, and laboratory environments is required. Removal or covering of metallic jewelry in the presence of high-voltage batteries is required
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
· The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, ability to adjust focus, and color vision
Corrective lenses are acceptableThe position requires a mix of desk work, travel to customer sites, standing and walking to various laboratories and offices.
· Travel beyond 25 miles of the worksite is required less than 10%, but during some periods may be up to two or three weeks for oversea trip.
This job has been filled or removed by NextEV.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Lead Systems Engineer, Battery Systems job post.✕