The Lead Technician communicates effectively in both verbal and written form with staff and support personnel to identify and resolve problems. Further, the lead technician will acquire equipment and supplies to outfit NextEV’s newly created labs. They will then utilize the labs and equipment over time to assist multiple engineering teams in constructing prototype assemblies for purposes of bring-up and testing.
Overall, the lead technician is involved with building prototypes, testing and documentation. As lead of other lab personnel, managerial and/or supervisory skills will be valuable and are desired. Working with outside contractors and suppliers will be a key part of the role as well.
Prototyping work involves the layout and assembly of control units, test hardware and wiring harnesses, utilizing outside contractors to take on portions of the work, while also completing much of the integration and bring-up tasks in-house.
Testing work includes development and reliability test, such as running sets of samples through test suites to ensure product performance under adverse and corner-case conditions.
Important to this role is the generation of new project technical documentation, test documentation and engineering prototyping documentation, following ISO standards.
· Associate Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent education.
· Seven plus years of embedded systems lab experience.
· In-depth knowledge of PCB assemblies, interconnection schemes and fine pitch soldering is required.
· Proficiency with PCB Layout software such as Pads, Altium or other similar tools required.
· Electrical circuit design and embedded firmware experience is desirable.
· Mechanical 3D CAD tools experience is desirable.
This job has been filled or removed by NextEV.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Lead Technician - Digital Systems job post.