As Lead Technician, you will work on an amazing team responsible for creating new hardware platforms that will enable new human-machine interactions. Areas of development include: high end embedded systems, mechatronics, touch screen, LCD Displays, Cameras, Wireless, Antennas, Microphones, and audio output.
· Manage builds of Electronic Control Units: Manage EMS supplier for NPI manufacturing, including transfer of documentation, component procurement, setting and assuring milestones, and resolving issues including electrical, mechanical, through to delivery.
· Manage NPI Electronic Control Units: Extensive proficiency in SMD soldering and rework for modifications and part replacement. Work with 3rd party vendors when necessary. Ability to work from verbal or written instructions. Track units and condition.
· Electrical Test Bed preparation: Involves the layout and assembly of control units, test hardware and wiring harnesses, including reconfiguring systems and wiring, utilizing outside contractors to take on portions of the work, while also completing much of the integration and bring-up tasks in-house.
· Mechanical Prototyping work: Procurement, assembly, and modification of mechanical parts, including use of hand tools and operation of machine tools to work on metal parts, plastic parts, and PCB Assemblies.
· Operate common electrical lab equipment including power supplies, voltmeters, oscilloscopes.
· Testing work includes development and reliability test, such as running sets of samples through test suites to ensure product performance under adverse and corner-case conditions. Utilize 3rd party vendors or work in-house.
· Component management: Order long lead time components. Order and stock components.
· Equipment management: Order and maintain lab equipment.
· Create and maintain BOMs (Bills Of Material) using PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) software or spreadsheets.
· Important is your ability to identify and resolve problems, while communicating effectively in writing and verbally.
· Associate Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent education.
· Seven plus years of embedded systems lab experience.
· Electrical and Mechanical experience in all phases of prototype development.
· In-depth knowledge of PCB assemblies and interconnect schemes.
· Fine pitch surface mount soldering is required.
This job has been filled or removed by NextEV.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Lead Technician – Vehicle Platform job post.✕