Cluey helps students learn what matters to them, in the way that works best for them. Our online learning platform enables students to work directly with our private tutors, continually adapting learning plans, activities, content, feedback and outcomes to suit their individual needs. We’re building genuine personalised learning, at scale.
To see how it works, copy and paste this link into your browser:
What we are looking for
The UX and UI Lead is responsible for user experience and interface design for Cluey’s customer-facing websites, student portal and tutor portal. They work closely with the Customer, Product and Tutor Operations teams to define, develop and evolve how students, parents and tutors engage with Cluey.
The UX and UI Lead takes direct ownership for:
- Creating user journeys and user flows across Cluey’s website and portal environments
- Creating clear information architecture, wireframes and mockups user experiences and interfaces
- Creating and evolving style guides and design systems relating to Cluey’s website and portal environments
- Completing visual designs for these environments, including all core visual assets
Work with our experts
This role has the great opportunity to work closely with Cluey’s Customer, Product and Tutor Operations teams, particularly:
- With Cluey’s Voice of the Customer team on customer research, insights, grouping and segmentation
- With Cluey’s Customer team on testing, monitoring and continuous improvement of product performance
- With Cluey’s Customer team on branding, design standards, priorities, and asset production
- With Customer, Tutor Operations and Product teams on priorities, roadmaps, process and specifications
- With Product and Development teams on implementation, design QA, and continuous improvement of delivery
- With Cluey’s Learning Products team on high quality, coherent customer experiences
Experience you’ll have
We prefer a UX and UI Lead who has extensive and well-rounded experience in the following:
- Consumer-focused services, preferably including paid conversions/transactions
- Multi-step, multi-state, cross-platform user experience design
- Information design and architecture
- User journey mapping and optimisation
- Creation and evolution of design systems
- Visual design - creating high fidelity visual designs; optimising implementation of those designs
- Designing and optimising for a broad range of customer-centric channels (web; mobile; digital comms; etc.)
- Designing entire products/experiences from first principles (preferred)
- Working in small, agile, multi-disciplinary teams - e.g. squads
- Continuous evolution of customer experiences and journeys - preferably high frequency, consumer experiences
In addition to these, a tertiary qualification in design, communications, engineering, business or directly related discipline is preferred, and the following are advantageous but not essential:
- Experience in the education sector
- UX prototyping
- Interactivity and/or animation experience
Finally, The Benefits:
- Large Open-Office Space right next to Circular Quay, in Sydney’s CBD
- Flexible work environment- we understand that you have a life to live!
- Amazing work culture!
- A fast-paced work environment – We are a Start-Up after all!
- The ability to actually OWN your work and Continue your career!
- Build products from the ground up!
If you are ready to make an impact, apply today!