SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Lean Facilitator (Production)
- Drive the continuous improvement philosophy within all production and staff areas.
- Run and facilitate process improvement workshops, training, and information briefs.
- Apply value stream mapping and drive optimization of value streams via swimlane reductions
- Influence the production processes to improve “hours per vehicle”.
- Influence the production management team for the delivery of key performance measures.
- Develop and implement cost reductions, processes and efficiency improvement measures in scrappy and creative ways requiring minimal investment
- Work with cross-functional teams to increase production efficiency and utilization by a factor of ten in the next two years, whilst maintaining the highest possible standards of quality.
- Identify opportunities for improvement of manufacturing efficiencies, quality, stability, and reduction in costs through the systematic removal of waste from the process.
- Develop process flow to ensure workloads are balanced between technicians and test processes are integrated.
- Utilize production optimization tools (swim lane charts, work balance boards, string diagrams, etc) in order to remove waste from the processes and delivery desired output quality and rate.
- Establish an environment where 5S achievements are world-class by the nature of cell and equipment design (shadow board solutions, tool holding, demarcations, kanban markings, team boards, electronic visualization methods, etc).
- Promote the delivery of the 5S process through training, application, measurement, and sustainability.
- Lead significant process improvement projects (such as kaizen, A3, DMAIC) in multiple areas with minimal supervision.
- Coach and mentor Green Belts and other leaders in Lean Six Sigma methodologies and delivery of projects as subject matter expert.
- Develop, deliver, and improve world-class training for all levels of personnel on Lean & Six Sigma concepts, tools, and applications.
- Implement world-class production standards, best practices, and Lean Management tools.
- Perform robust data analysis and influence data-driven decisions across the organization.
- Develop requirements for necessary enterprise information system changes and drive to implementation.
- Develop reporting systems (e.g. Tableau) to measure performance and identify blockers to production.
- Develop Capex and ROI for future state investments.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification required.
- Minimum of 5 years in a manufacturing environment.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience applying lean manufacturing tools, efficiency methods, and 5S.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years in management or supervisory experience.
- Experience bringing teams and processes from development to production is desirable.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles, 5S, value add, non-value add and waste.
- Strong analytical, computer, and written skills.
- Mastery of Microsoft applications (Excel and Power Point).
- Experience monitoring, tracking and continually improving total cost equation.
Proven ability to train and influence production management and technicians to apply continuous improvement.
- Excellent concentration and attention to detail with outstanding work efficiency and accuracy.
- Be highly motivated with a great attitude for change management.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with Engineering and Production.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced work environment with little direction.
- Must be willing to travel (less than 10%).
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.