We are looking to grow our Learning and Development (L&D) team at Gusto. We would love to invite a talented and passionate individual to join the team. In this role you will play a critical role in creating world-class learning and development experiences for Gusties.
People are the foundation of Gusto, we strongly believe that developing world-class talent is core to our success and plays a role in our competitive advantage. Our belief is that L&D enables Gusto to achieve its goals by equipping Gusties with the skills to amaze themselves and others.
Here's what you'll do day-to-day:
- Understand learning and development needs and continuously ensure that the needs of the business are addressed
- Set learning priorities to ensure the business can reach (and exceed) its goals
- Design learning and development journeys for all roles, identifying essential and nonessential learning and development that support the needs of the business.
- Regularly review current learning offerings within Gusto to align with its purpose, and reiterate / update.
- Partner proactively with Gusto leaders on development requirements for roles.
- Work closely with Gusto leaders to review learning and development interventions for technical competencies, leadership development and professional effectiveness.
- Introduce and implement new learning processes and systems to capture and review training needs and delivery.
- Design and deliver learning journeys
- Create and design learning & development experiences in-line with business. objectives that support teams within our CX (Customer Experience) team.
- Map out training plans for onboarding and create a roadmap for the required training.
- Ensure Gusties have continuous improvement and development for success both in their functional and their professional work.
- Implement a training journey for CX employees, establishing review dates and further training in line with Gusties roles.
- Measure and share the impact of the journeys you create
- Communicate data and metrics to inform and show team’s progress.
- Ensure that the L&D function delivers quality, effective and measurable solutions.
- Identify and monitor training KPI’s and prepare reports including training costs, budget and delivery of courses/qualifications.
Your approach to your work:
- Proactive relationship with key business stakeholders to understand and anticipate needs
- Collaborate with the People team and People Empowerers (PEs) to find new ways of delivering L&D experiences..
- Use feedback from PEs and colleagues to improve learning and development solutions and find new and better ways to operate.
- Regularly review learning and consider what improvements can be made by actively listening to customer feedback.
- Ensure that equality and diversity issues are considered in all aspects of learning and development activities.
- Actively seek learning and development best practices from within and outside of the organization and encourage colleagues to do the same.
- Develop sound working relationships with external stakeholders and those organizations.
If you’re already feeling excited to get started, you’re probably our ideal candidate because:
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university
- 3-5 years of experience in an L&D Role.
- Experience advising the business on learning requirements, creating and designing learning journeys and assessing gaps in employee performance.
- Ability to communicate clearly to people at all levels
- Highly motivated individual with the desire to make a difference
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Proven presentation, training, and facilitation skills will proven knowledge of adult training techniques and experience working independently or in a standalone training role
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Google Apps, particularly Google Calendar with the ability to quickly learn technology tools
- At your best in a fast-paced environment where you take pride in your work
Gusto offers payroll, benefits, and workers’ compensation to small businesses across the United States, from bike shops in Virginia to tech startups in San Francisco. Our investors include top venture capital firms like Google Capital and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, plus the founders of Instagram, Stripe, and more. To learn more about our values, benefits, and life at Gusto, visit gusto.com/careers.