Degreed exists to discover, empower and recognize the next generation of the world's expertise. The smartest, brightest, and most bold, the tenacious, willing, self-taught, the scrappy, driven, the passionate, daring, the unafraid. Experts.
The Learning Designer on Degreed’s CX-Learning Services team is a creative individual contributor (mid-level) who creates and manages learning services offerings and curriculum that are delivered to Degreed’s clients and learners through consultative engagements. This role is part Learning Experience Designer and part Learning Consultant - it’s someone who gets the learning industry today and is very passionate about it.
Degreed’s Learning Services offerings include transformational leadership, curation, learning strategy, content strategy, upskilling, and change management. The Learning Designer is responsible for all aspects of designing learning experiences from discovery, design, delivery, curation, curriculum development and overall project management of assigned learning services offerings and client projects. This person will provide high quality, consultative services to Degreed’s global clients by designing, curating learning experiences directly on Degreed. This person will play a critical part in our efforts to be as renowned for our futuristic learning services as we are for our customer first focus.
On a daily basis, you’d consult with clients on paid Learning Services engagements to accelerate learning transformations, add business value on client accounts in partnership with the Client Experience, Product, Sales and Marketing teams. You’ll use your learning and development background plus your curation, curriculum design, project management, and data driven, analytical, problem-solving skills to design futuristic services offerings while ensuring successful results on each client account. Your goal will be to add business value internally while driving adoption, engagement to each account.
Your strong background in learning development, learning design methodologies and a natural curiosity, global perspective for the future of learning are critical. You must be a practitioner, passionate about learning and development who builds trust with clients quickly through expert consultation skills. This role is best suited for someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit, is a team player with a highly agile approach to client engagement and a hunger for continuous learning.
- Experienced learning designer with expertise, skills in scoping, designing, and developing blended learning experiences
- Determines the most appropriate strategy, methodologies and technologies applying principles of adult learning, learning design
- Curates learning resources and filters them quickly to develop personalized, targeted offerings applying relevant design methodologies
- Discover new ways to incorporate technology into the learning experience
- Assist Services team and/or subject matter experts in the initial design and development of personalized, targeted, engaging learning experiences
- Assesses the efficacy of learning programs by administering end user surveys, assessments to measure impact, ROI
- Reviews data insights, draws conclusions and determines implications from analyzed data to report to clients and key stakeholders
- Creates futuristic offerings to hook the learner, keep them engaged and drive real change
- Empathetically walk in the shoes of a “learner” and understand root needs quickly and design game changing learning experiences
- Serve as main point of contact, project lead on assigned client accounts
- Manage each engagement or project to outcomes -on budget, on time
- Develop a timeline or project plan with timeline, deliverables, dependencies and risks in order to manage client expectations, as needed
- Manage and monitor project priorities, deliverables, schedules from early discovery planning through delivery to meet defined client needs
- Provides weekly status updates on projects and programs
- Assist in resolving any roadblocks whether process, workflow, or other potential roadblocks, and communicate with internal staff quickly
- Consult with client, subject matter experts on paid services engagements to understand the root problem to solve empathetically with aligned KPIs
- Assist clients and/or subject matter experts in the design and development of personalized learning solutions on Degreed
- Build curated learning solutions both formal and informal learning with supporting learning resources including webinars, templates, toolkits
- Establish early communication channels with clients and proactively reports out status to internal and Client Experience team partners
- Communicate with colleagues regarding problems, product issues or inconsistencies that could impact project schedule or clients
- Report risks or watch items urgently to team and Director if projects are falling behind in timeline, deliverables or scope increases occur
- Use data for informed decisions about client projects – reviewing data, insights about their current usage of Degreed (enrollments, completions)
- Use data visualizations to communicate project status and make data informed decisions wherever possible
- Produce weekly status report (15.5) to track and report progress against top 3 priorities aligned to team’s quarterly goals, strategic objectives
- 5-7+ years experience in learning and development, curriculum design, instructional design with experience in Corporate Learning Services managing client projects in a consultative role
- Superior customer service skills with ability to build trust and influence quickly with the most complex client accounts
- Strong learning design, curriculum design skills with ability to build or conceptualize new offerings or learning experiences
- Strong expertise in one or more areas including transformational leadership, curation, content strategy, change management
- Knowledge of curation, curriculum design and what good quality, curated content looks like including proven practices, tips and tricks
- Strong project management skills (project prioritization, multi-tasking, time/budget/resource allocations)
- Knowledge of digital technologies, learning ecosystems used for corporate learning with a strength in learning technologies, aptitude to figure it out
- Strong organizational skills and critical-thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to translate information to clients and report effectively to leadership teams
- Ability to present to medium to large client audiences in person or virtually
- Experience in facilitation, training with the skill of preparing training materials (toolkits, etc.) and delivery of same either face-to-face or online
- Self-starter with high level of initiative-knowing when to check in, communicate with leadership and when not to – balancing the two sides
- Ability to implement new processes independently in an environment of constant change
- Self-motivated, independent thinker who can work independently on projects with minimal supervision
- Strong collaboration across functional teams to achieve company and department goals, vision, and operating principles
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the learning industry today
- A team player. Able to work across cultures around the globe with ability, interest in traveling 10-30%
- Degreed Skill Certification in Instructional Design preferred, not required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Degreed Jobs
for more details on Degreed and why you should come work with us!