Headspace was founded in London in 2010 by Rich Pierson and Andy Puddicombe. Originally conceived as a meditation events company, Headspace has evolved into the world’s most popular meditation app. Using proven mindfulness techniques, it will teach you how to train your mind for a healthier, happier life. Sessions take as little as 10 minutes a day, and you can do them wherever and whenever you like. Our app has now been downloaded more than 5 million times in 150 countries, helping so many people to enjoy the benefits of a clearer calmer mind. Today, we’re ready to embark on the next phase in our evolution: to become the world’s most comprehensive guide to health and happiness.
Last summer we completed a $30mm Series A funding round. The round was led by The Chernin Group, with significant participation from other media and tech leaders including Jim Breyer (via Breyer Capital), Allen & Co, William Morris Endeavor, Freelands Ventures (the venture arm of Elisabeth Murdoch) and Advancit (the venture arm of Shari Redstone). Rounding out the raise were a handful of influential individuals including Jeff Weiner (LinkedIn CEO), Jessica Alba, Ryan Seacrest, and Jared Leto.
You can read more about us in Fast Company or the New Yorker.
About the Learning & Development Manager @ Headspace:
We are looking for a dedicated practitioner of adult development, employee engagement, and other talent-related practices to help us enable the ongoing evolution of our people and our organization.
This position will work with the Head of People Operations to evolve the organization’s learning philosophy and deliver learning programs across the organization.
The role of the Learning and Development Manager will be to increase the capacities and competencies of our people and the organization so that everyone thrives. We are building a fully human organization that encourages and allows for the full expression of human potential within a culture that supports meaningful work.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Develop and coordinate an integrated learning and development initiative / project calendar for the organization
- Conduct formal and informal skill gap assessments to validate learning and development needs
- Personally facilitate learning and development classes / workshops / etc. as appropriate.
- Develop trusting partnerships with key leaders across all business functions to enable optimized learning outcomes that drive personal and professional development and business performance
- Assess and recommend technology-based learning platform(s) covering the full spectrum of adult development (skills, technology, relationships, change management, project management, leadership, etc.) as well as manage our Learning Management software
- Utilize diverse strategies to facilitate learning, blending multiple approaches when needed: instructor-led, online, experiential, etc.
- Create strategic programming to strengthen a culture of learning and development across all lines of business: new hire orientation, all levels of leadership training, executive coaching, technical and soft skill development, team development, mentoring, as well as top talent programs
- Facilitate company Leadership Speaker Series - identifying keynote speakers, coordinating the event for remote and IRL (in real life) employees, and ensuring learning objectives are met
- Collaborate with organizational leadership and functional subject matter experts using a performance consulting approach to identify and prioritize learning and development activities
- Implement evaluation metrics to measure and report effectiveness of learning initiatives and organizational performance
- Develop Learning and Development budget; manage costs against budget, and recommend modifications as appropriate
- Audit existing training offering and refresh, design and deliver skills-based and leadership-based programs across all teams and locations
What you’ve accomplished?
- BA/BS degree in Organizational Development, Communications, Education, Business Administration, Human Relations or a related field
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in leadership and executive development programs and 2+ years’ experience in learning and development facilitation for adult learners
- Strong coaching and consulting skills with a track record of quickly gaining credibility and partnering collaboratively with business leaders
- Expertise in all aspects of learning: design, planning, consulting, assessment, evaluation, and record of consistently delivering learning in a variety of formats
- Must demonstrate exemplary written and dynamic verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated excellence in communications, problem solving skills and process improvement
- Demonstrated ability to stay positive and motivated in a growing, challenging and changing environment
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems and similar software, and technologies
- Ability to use independent judgment to resolve people and organizational challenges
- Entrepreneurial mindset, willingness to experiment with new learning approaches and technologies
- Knowledge of effective change management practices and the ability to implement change
- The ability to organize priorities and effectively manage projects
- Ability to develop positive and collaborative relationships
- The ability to facilitate and moderate groups / teams
- Experience working with multiple employee populations, including executive teams
Experience with a start-up company a plus
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.