Language requirement: English (fluent – both written and spoken)
Purpose / Mission
Are you passionate about travel and about people? Do you enjoy interacting with people as well as utilizing technology?
We are looking for a talented, energetic, results-oriented person who loves working in a fast-paced, multinational environment. As a Learning and Development Specialist, you will support both determined business objectives (KPIs) as well as employee career development through learning programs tailored for our worldwide contact centers network.
In this position, you will work closely with the operations management team and liaise with the relevant Agoda departments to ensure that our global Travel Operations personnel reflect consistent standards of product knowledge, communication skills as well as the self-motivation to provide outstanding service.
The position requires you to provide extensive training, coaching, share best people management practices and contribute with ideas for continuous organizational development.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Planning and identification of Training Needs
Planning is a key responsibility of the learning and development specialist. Assess the workforce's current skill levels and compare them with the skills required to meet both current and future business objectives. Plan and evaluate the resources needed to meet training and development goals.
Agree on training objectives, deliverable & expected impact with departmental heads in order to develop effective skills training programs across the contact centers, The jobholder will be required to deliver core training modules including sales skills, customer service, systems and IT training. Experience in leadership training is a plus.
Plan / use metrics to quantify the impact of the training programs
Training Design & Delivery
- Design and deliver tailored training programs (including e-learning) to enhance, correct or bridge skills gaps
- Carry out on the job one-to-one training follow up and coaching sessions to meet specific training and development needs as necessary
- To create and execute remote learning programs for all our locations as required
- To help create and continuously upskill training platforms / tools & processes
Agent Self Development – Impacting Retention Efforts
Help onboard our new hires by giving them the confidence to successfully complete their new hire training
- Bring in industry best practices to help localize our Training methodology to cater for various cultural learning practices
- Help create & maintain motivation to learn and develop for our customer support specialists
Evaluation & Assessment
- Evaluate all training carried out to ensure that all the knowledge acquired during the training has been successfully transferred back to the workplace, and that the training has been relevant, informative and effective.
Track, analyze & report the attendance and progress of all attendees in liaison with the management team
Update own job knowledge by studying industry best practice & participating in training activities
- Support the work done through additional training courses by providing one-to-one coaching, This would also assist in the identification of further learning needs.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a trainer or experience of being involved with training in a Supervisor / Team Leader role.
- Bachelor Degree
- Proven training success record or Trainer certification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead change with positive and proven results
- Excellent listening skills, critical-thinker with attention to detail.
- Skill in providing excellent customer experience.
- Work hours flexibility (able to work in shifts occasionally)
- Able to travel
- Able to operate Microsoft applications
Good to know
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the BPO / Contact center environment.
- Strong time management skill
- Knowledge of e-learning.
- Ability to work with very minimal guidance or supervision in a time critical environment.
- Thai language skills are a bonus
What we offer:
- Train the trainer programs
- Harvard Mentor leadership certifications
- Career opportunities - moves within Travel Operations teams as well as other departments within the company
- Young and dynamic multinational team across the globe
- Possibility to work in different locations
- Modern working environment in the heart of the city