Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding $1 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $9 billion in loans and $1 billion in insurance
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Our People Team works to build an environment where employees are empowered to do their best work. Through our strategy, program design, and operation, we attract, develop, and grow the talent that Better needs to scale. We have fun, love what we do, and care deeply about building a Better workplace.
We are looking for a creative, resourceful, and organized Learning and Development Program Manager to support our rapidly growing organization. The ideal candidate has a track record of proposing and scoping innovative learning experience solutions that meet the needs of teams and align to our brand. This manager will directly interface with a variety of internal clients to listen to needs and present solutions. They will establish processes and standards to effectively manage multiple projects through the design and development phases, assure quality, and hand off to the delivery owner. In addition to their own projects, the manager will assign projects to internal and external resources and ensure timely, high quality completion.
Responsibilities will include:
- Established practices, processes, and tools to ensure organized project management for multiple projects at one time with standards for learning program quality, impact, and engagement.
- Leads the development of new, innovative, and effective learning approaches.
- Liaises between L&D program teams, L&D designers (internal and freelance), and cross-functional internal teams to ensure consistent quality and timely hand off.
- Ensure all content is aligned with company brand, culture, and values.
- Comfortable with coaching and mentoring creative talent on content design and development, as well as making and explaining trade off decisions with business partners.
- Proactively manages expectations, communicates progress / challenges, and responds to questions - even when under pressure.
- Inspiring, motivating, and managing the performance and growth of learning designers and anyone formally or informally involved in projects.
Bonus points for:
- Leveraging technology to drive automation, personalization, and evaluation of programs - including Learning Management Systems, assessment platforms, and content tools.
- Maintaining a network of high quality freelance talent or design partners to tap into for capacity or specialized skills.
- You have 5+ years of experience in learning experience design and/or related creative fields.
- You stay knowledgeable about adult learning, instructional design, and digital content development.
- You have successfully managed multiple projects through delivery, including internal or freelance talent.
- You build strong cross-functional partnerships and trust with stakeholders through communication, reliability, and listening before offering helpful suggestions.
- You are able to oversee multiple programs, while keeping an eye on the details - quality matters to you as much as speed and execution.
- You maintain professionalism and are comfortable being challenged on creative decisions - ultimately driving towards the best solution given learner needs, resources, time, and brand.
- You believe that learning should be time well spent and its impact can be measured.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.