What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
About the Team and Role
As a Project Manager reporting into the Director of Operations for Legal and Compliance, you’ll be a part of a team that helps refine and strengthen operational efficiency and risk management at BlockFi. Primarily, you will help structure and deliver a variety of strategic projects that leverage IT and technology to help the firm grow safely and sustainably. You will scope, plan, execute and complete projects that will help enhance and grow our company. We’re working to improve our existing workflows and enable support for our growing Compliance and Legal teams.
- Help facilitate completion of major strategic projects (i.e. collection of management information, implementation of governance processes) by working across organizational boundaries and teams
- Create an excellent customer service experience and strengthen engagement among Compliance, Legal and other facets of the organization
- Prepare and deliver executive-level status reports
- Define and maintain KPIs to monitor impact of projects on productivity to ensure goals are being met
- Manage Atlassian suite for project management and ticket management
- Communicate project status and updates at all levels of organization
- Proactively identify and mitigate project risks and blockers; escalate and resolve issues impacting project success
- Manage project roadmaps for any project changes
- Help establish and maintain successful change management processes
- Lead project meetings, create and maintain meeting documentation
- Provide support to operational projects as needed
- 4+ years of Project Management experience
- You have an extreme attention to detail without sacrificing execution rigor
- You always work towards action and own tasks end-to-end
- You embrace hurdles and tactfully navigate the organization towards the goal at hand
- You are a doer that can get things done and unblock tasks while building deep organizational relationships along the way
- You’re thoughtful and analytical - ask why and challenge preconceived notions
- You love taking “extreme ownership” of projects while also thinking strategically
- You can work independently with minimal supervision
- You have an interest in fintech, compliance and/or legal topics
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $100MM in debt and equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt and credit crypto market leader in the U.S. As we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding and $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Weekly lunch stipend
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, and driven team in a highly meritocratic environment