We are looking for a passionate and high skilled Legal & Compliance Senior Associate to join our Viva Wallet team in France!
More specifically, as a Legal & Compliance Associate you will:
- Be responsible for the provision of legal support and advice with respect to the operational and regulatory compliance matters applicable in the assigned geographical territory.
- Do continuous monitoring & mapping of the regulatory developments.
- Develop regulatory compliance roadmaps and train the involved personnel.
- Conduct compliance audits to ensure that internal processes & policies are followed.
- Liaise with external legal advisers and local regulatory/supervising authorities.
- Conduct risk assessment within the assigned local territory as regards compliance & legal risks.
- Prepare and coordinate reports' submission to the local regulatory authorities.
- Organize and coordinate the Legal & Compliance department files, cases and issues; keep up with deadlines; document actions and generate reports to the Group Legal & Compliance Director.
To be considered you should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Law (LLB) and an LL.M in commercial law related areas (preferably in Banking & Finance).
- Deep knowledge of financial services regulations, and, in particular, Payments’ regulations.
- Demonstrable experience in commercial and banking law, especially in regulatory related issues (e.g. AML, regulatory reporting, PSD2 etc.). Previous experience in European regulatory compliance projects is considered a strong plus.
- Experience in dealing with complex legal & regulatory compliance issues with significant financial impact.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple and demanding projects.
- The ability to build relationships with co-workers across Europe, business partners and local supervising authorities.
- The ability to work well both independently and in a team environment, including senior management.
- The ability to work comfortably in an intense, fast-paced environment and successfully manage and meet deadlines.
- Fluency in English & the local language(s).
We are offering an attractive competitive salary and the opportunity for a rapid career development in the fastest growing FinTech in Europe, working closely with a highly motivated team in a dynamic and fast- paced multinational environment.