We are on a mission to help radiologists detect breast cancer earlier using deep learning.
Kheiron is a fast-growing, medical technology company that uses advanced machine learning to develop and deliver intelligent tools for radiologists, radiology departments, imaging centres and hospitals to improve the efficiency, consistency and accuracy of radiology reporting. We aim to save more lives by empowering radiologists in their role in diagnosis, treatment, and patient outcome.
We are proud that Kheiron is one of the winners of the first UK Government Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Health and Care Awards, announced September 2020.
Kheiron is seeking an in-house Legal Contracts Manager. We are entering an exciting new phase in our development as we begin deploying our product commercially across the globe. This growth needs a dedicated legal professional to develop this new business function.
The successful candidate will hold a Law degree or equivalent experience. In addition, candidates should possess excellent attention to detail, good drafting skills and have good time management skills as the role will involve dealing with more than one task at a time.
We are open to candidates who are based anywhere in the UK, US, the Netherlands or Hungary. You will primarily be expected to work on UK time and have been trained in UK law but any experience in other legal jurisdictions, US in particular, would be a bonus.
What you will be doing
- Creating and establishing best practices for Contract Management within Kheiron
- Implementing an exceptional contracting process to optimise risk management, visibility and efficiency
- Working with external counsel to draft legal templates and agree key legal positions
- Ensuring all contracts agree with our key legal positions
- Maintaining and updating template contracts as appropriate
- Coordinating contracting processes with the external facing teams to ensure they are supported, adhering to our internal processes, flagging risks as they arise and working with the Operations Director to ensure that we are working efficiently with external counsel as necessary
- Running the NDA process, including issuing standard agreements and managing negotiations on terms with third parties (using external counsel where necessary)
- Running the process for contracting advisors and contractors, including issuing standard agreements and managing negotiations on legal terms with third parties (using external counsel where necessary)
- Ensuring statutory and contractual insurance obligations are met for all Kheiron entities
- Key administration for corporate governance, including managing board and shareholder resolutions
- An ideal candidate would also be able to draft basic resolutions based on existing templates
- Supporting the Finance Controller with shareholder administration and other company secretarial work
- Supporting the People team with employment contracts and related documentation
- Supporting the Operations Director on special projects where relevant, such as building lease negotiations and funding rounds
- Maintaining impeccable records and filing
It would be great if you have
- In-house legal experience in a small to medium-sized company
- Experience in general commercial law, ideally within a startup or high-growth environment
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Flexibility and excellent prioritisation skills to manage a diverse and changing workload
- The ability to thrive in an environment that is rapidly growing and changing.
- A qualifying law degree, CILEx or substantial legal experience
- Any legal experience within healthcare, deep-tech or AI is a bonus.
What we offer
- You can be part of a team that changes the way we care for patients and save lives
- We offer a fast paced, high impact environment in which you can learn and grow your skill set
- We offer a competitive salary including equity to make you a partner in our commercial success
- We care about your personal life - we offer extended parental leave, health insurance for your family through Bupa and mental health support through Spill
At Kheiron we celebrate diversity and inclusion, we strive for a work environment in which all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, have equal access to opportunities and resources, and can contribute fully to the organisation's success.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome everyone regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.