ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow. To explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net/.
About Our Team
The legal team at ConsenSys provides a broad range of support services to our product suite. The work is varied but usually somewhere along the intersection of regulatory analysis, strategic business advice, data protection, employment law, intellectual property and general corporate work. If you are someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient is a requirement, we are confident you’ll enjoy working with us and the broader ConsenSys team. ConsenSys always has been and will remain a remote-first company.
About the Role
We are looking for someone to supplement and complement the current team at ConsenSys. We believe lawyers work best when they are challenged, intellectually stimulated, and pursuing their personal interests. We look forward to crafting a role that fits ConsenSys’s growing needs while charting a compelling career path for our new team member. To start, we’ll need help with the following:
- Provide strategic legal advice, counsel and support to ConsenSys’s business leaders and dozens of projects.
- Reports to the leads in the legal team.
- Keep up to date with regulatory developments and strategies.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide variety of documents including, but not limited to, commercial agreements, professional services agreements, marketing, internal policies, employment agreements, and vendor agreements.
- You will work closely with the existing team and also partner with internal support functions like Finance, HR, IT and the office of the CEO.
- A law degree from a leading law school and a license to practice law in either England & Wales or Ireland
- 2-4 years of transactional or regulatory experience at a large reputable law firm and/or in-house
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex agreements
- Fluency in, or a strong desire to learn about, blockchain technology and related legal issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Hard-charging, innovative, and comfortable with high levels of responsibility
- Comfort with being self-directed and learning quickly to tackle time-sensitive tasks
- Business judgment and ability to assess legal risk while providing practical advice
- Ability to effectively engage with business and legal counterparts
- Ability to handle multiple projects and matters simultaneously
- A proven academic or professional track-record demonstrating hard work, ambition and a dedication to self-improvement and excellence
Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
- Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.