Loom is on a mission to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively, wherever they are. We are already trusted by over 7M users across 90k+ companies. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies including HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub, and LinkedIn.
Founded in 2015, Loom has raised $73 million from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Coatue, the Slack Fund, and the founders of Instagram, Figma, and Front.
Loom is looking for our first legal hire to build and develop our legal function. As our Legal Counsel, you will be responsible for overseeing all day-to-day legal activities, such as commercial relationships, compliance matters, and various aspects of our corporate compliance and governance. This position will work closely with our Leadership Team and partner cross-functionally with Sales, People, Engineering, Product, and Finance/Operations.
- Partner with Loom leadership, cross-functional teams and other stakeholders to address legal matters, manage and scale the legal function
- Draft, review, and negotiate agreements with enterprise customers partnering closely with our sales and finance teams
- Design, implement, and improve Loom's legal policies and procedures to manage legal and business risk on a global scale
- Provide practical advice on a wide-ranging set of legal issues, including intellectual property, litigation risk, privacy, regulatory, and employment
- Review products, features, and initiatives to assess legal compliance, from the early stages of product development through launch
What You Should Have:
- 6+ years combined law firm and/or in-house legal department experience, including areas like corporate governance, product counseling, commercial agreements, and contract negotiations
- Juris Doctorate/United States law degree and active bar membership in at least one US state (strong preference for California bar membership)
- An understanding of global data privacy laws and principles, including GDPR and CCPA
- Comfortable working independently and are able to identify opportunities to escalate an issue or solicit advice from outside counsel
- Comfortable working in an ambiguous and fast-moving environment, and a willingness to tackle projects both large and small
Perks at Loom:
* Competitive compensation and equity package
* 99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
* Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
* Life insurance
* Long-term disability insurance
* 401(k) with 5% company matching
* Professional development reimbursement
* Mental health and wellness reimbursement
* Gym reimbursement
* Unlimited PTO
* Paid parental leave
* Remote work opportunities
* Yearly off-site retreats (this year was in Barbados)
SF office perks
* Daily lunch on-site
* Unlimited snacks & drinks
* Remote week every other month
* Home office & technology reimbursement
* Co-working space reimbursement
* New-Hire on-boarding in San Francisco (optional)
Loom = Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.