BuzzFeed is looking for an entertainment/intellectual property attorney to partner with the creative development and business teams in our LA offices. We are looking for a self-motivated, business-minded attorney to grow with our entertainment practice. BuzzFeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive compensation, benefits and a stock option program.
Description and Duties:
- Support BuzzFeed’s creative development and production teams to structure, negotiate and draft a wide variety of domestic and international agreements, primarily focused on talent, distribution, production and other related deals.
- Support BuzzFeed's business units in drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements, including licensing, advertising, business development, marketing, and other commercial and operational contracts.
- Provide practical advice and solutions to internal business partners on all legal matters affecting BuzzFeed.
- Thrive in new and developing areas of the law, tempered by an appreciation of legal complexity and risk assessment.
- Be willing to tackle matters in and outside area of expertise with a can-do attitude; understanding that no job is too big or too small is critical to this role.
- Must be able prioritize and to manage workload and meet deadlines within a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3-5 years of related intellectual property, entertainment and transactional experience, including direct experience negotiating and drafting talent, distribution and other video, television and film deals as well as practical knowledge of the digital, TV and film industries.
- Member of the California Bar