Transform the communications world! Location? You decide!
We’re proud (and excited!) to be transforming the global communications landscape through our Omnichannel Platform-as-a-Service (OPaaS).
Our Birds choose where they work from in the region we’re hiring in — this could be from one of our MessageBird hubs (Amsterdam, Singapore or Bogota) or remotely so long as it’s within a complementary timezone.... Want to work from a rural retreat? Sure, no problem! How about a bustling city getaway for a few weeks? Go ahead!
We understand that “life happens” and give you the freedom to choose the best environment for you to “get s**t done”. We expand our flock without geographical restrictions. This allows us to attract and assemble an industry leading team from a huge variety of backgrounds & cultures, making us more nimble, creative, and efficient!
Legal Counsel, Commercial
We are looking for a bright, talented lawyer with experience in SaaS/technology/communications issues and transactions to join our growing legal team as Legal Counsel, Commercial.
This role will require you to negotiate a wide range of commercial contracts (customer, vendor, and partners) of varying complexity and will involve extensive dynamic collaboration with members of sales, finance, marketing, operations, product, security, and executive teams. This role will report to the Head of Commercial, Legal located in EMEA with close day to day interaction with our US legal team.
This role will suit an experienced commercial and technology lawyer who is happy to work remotely across EMEA and US teams.
What you’ll do:
- Negotiate a wide range of commercial transactions, from sales / supplier agreements to partnership deals and everything in between.
- Advise internal stakeholders regarding key issues and risks in our commercial contracts and ensure that our agreements reflect our high internal standards and guidelines.
- Actively shape and develop the legal commercial strategy to support our product offerings and sales strategy.
- Engage with internal business clients to develop and enhance a streamlined, efficient, and scalable contracting process, including a contract management system.
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise in areas of data use and protection laws and advise on the impact of the same on our global business and strategic planning.
- Proactively provide training and ongoing support to internal teams on sales and contractual matters, including developing internal playbooks and training.
- Tackle anything else in the commercial and technology field that gets thrown your way as needed to support a fast-growing, dynamic, and innovative global company.
What you’ll bring:
- Law degree and professional qualification with ability to practice in EU/US.
- 4-6+ years commercial/technology experience in a top tier law firm and/or in-house technology environment, with particular focus negotiating customer, vendor, and partnership agreements. Prior background with an international technology/SaaS/communications company preferred.
- As this role spans our EMEA and US businesses, ability to advise on EU and US commercial matters is preferred (e.g. a dual EU-US qualification)
- This position is remote, working with teams in EU and US time zones. You will be required to have some overlap in your working hours to accommodate meetings and other collaborative work.
- Excellent negotiation, drafting, and communication skills with the ability to foster relationships and collaborate with internal clients and external key stakeholders.
- Familiarity with contract management tools and processes, including implementation and training.
- An understanding and appreciation of privacy, data protection, information security and related issues - with demonstrated ability to negotiate agreements on these issues.
- Razor sharp organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and drive them through to completion within required timeframes.
- Capacity to work autonomously and thrive in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- A start-up mentality; a willingness to roll up your sleeves, clear blockers, think creatively, prioritize effectively, support the business, and get the job done.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills in English; additional languages are a plus.
- Experience in the communications/telecoms industry is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and/or Ironclad and CIPP/US or CIPP/E certification is a plus.
What You’ll Gain
- Work from anywhere
- Generous stock options for all Birds
- WFH set-up budget
- State-of-the-art work gear
- Learn from hundreds of the best minds in the business
- Collaborate with diverse colleagues from over 55 countries (and counting)
Life at MessageBird:
We work fast, grow fast, build fast and focus on impact. We’re go-getters, industry leaders and roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people.
Ready To Fly?
Our cloud communications solutions make it possible for over 25,000 businesses to instantly connect with billions of devices worldwide, allowing them to speak with their customers in the same ways they talk to their friends.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, we operate across 10 international hubs and we’re proud to be a “Work Anywhere” company. Our unique and united culture is rooted in our team: a diverse flock of over 700 Birds who represent 55 nationalities and counting. We’re smart, fast, and hungry. Our potential for growth is limitless. You can learn more about our story and life as a Bird via #messagebird.
MessageBird is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Recruitment Privacy Statement: https://messagebird.com/download/pdf/MB-recruitment-privacy-notice%202020.pdf