Guidewire is looking for an outstanding enterprise SaaS contract negotiator who relishes the opportunity to work with senior-level enterprise sales teams and customers at the highest levels. Our customers place incredible trust in us to help them adapt and succeed – which means our customer contracts are each individually meticulously negotiated, requiring creative legal thinking combined with pragmatic business collaboration to ensure success. We need an attorney who does not shy away from such challenges and enjoys working in a fast-paced but very coactive environment with fellow employees worldwide. Our team of skilled legal professionals is used to assuming leadership in the transaction process, relying on energy and creativeness to ensure deal closure. As a vital member of a growing department in a multinational organization, you have the chance to work on a variety of projects and issues within an encouraging, team environment.
- Analyze, draft, and negotiate enterprise agreements, including SaaS subscription agreements, software licensing agreements, global services agreements, and the overlap and interaction of the same
- Work with the legal and procurement representatives of large enterprise customers, creatively driving deals to closure.
- Provide clear, concise advice on relevant issues and risks our senior employees and executives
- Partner closely with other members of the legal team to provide legal advice and support as needed by company colleagues at all levels and in various teams
- Assist with monitoring compliance with the rules and regulatory framework relevant to Guidewire’s EMEA activities (in particular Solvency II, EIOPA Guidelines, etc.).
- Identify finance, operational, or revenue accounting issues and liaise with the relevant functional groups (including Sales Operations, Tax, Finance, Revenue Accounting, Global Revenue Operations) to resolve these.
What you need to be successful:
- Master of Law from a recognized university (bar qualification in good standing is a plus).
- 2+ years of combined law firm and/or in-house experience, preferably working with Information technology or Internet companies.
- Proficient English and the ability to work comfortably in a second language are required (preferably in Spanish and/or in German).
- Willing to travel when needed (post-COVID).
- Superlative negotiation skills with large enterprise companies, with an ability to drive strategic deals to close while protecting company interests
- Experience with enterprise SaaS systems that deal with sensitive data, and comfort with the related data privacy and confidentiality issues and risks
- Familiar with Privacy and InfoSec concepts and contractual terms and a wide range of data-related issues associated with a growing Software as a Service (SaaS) based model in EMEA.
- Provide a legal review of RFIs, RFPs, RFQs, bids, proposals, quotes, and other documentation, when vital in coordination with Guidewire Sales Operations department.
- Comfortable working with multiple teams to tackle problems in a fast-paced environment
- Friendly and collaborative with a passion for learning
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
By clicking the submitting your application on the following page:
1. You consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data outside the country where you live or work, and/or to third parties for the above purposes.
2. In the event that you submit any Sensitive Personal Data, you explicitly consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and transferring your Sensitive Personal Data on the terms and for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
3. You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time and have the right to correct any errors.
4. You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 24 months.