We are a financial services platform that leverages technology to offer our customers seamless and user-friendly products related to banking, loans, and investments. Our vision is to empower users to achieve financial wellness.
We help users cut through the banking jargons, offer smart insights based on spending and provide users with a range of new age features to enable and make sense of their finances. Our mission is to inspire healthier financial communities and help people own their relationship with money.
Roles and responsibilities
● Must have interacted with financial regulators like RBI, SEBI, IRDA and working knowledge on laws relevant with such dealings.
● Must have experience on handling transaction documents of equity raise, M&A, debt raise etc.
● Experience of forming a corporate governance framework and driving its implementation.
● To draft and get legal documents drafted such as contracts, legal statements, agreements etc.
● To ensure patents, trademarks are taken and all compliances are done in relation to the same.
● To handle all litigation matters for the company and to coordinate with law firms.
● To understand the requirements from a functional point of contact for vendor agreements ,MSAs of partnerships and co-ordinate & close the same.
● To assist the various teams in drafting policies; terms and conditions of the offer, campaign, rewards points, product promotional activities.
● To keep a record of all the agreements (physical and digital) and ensure that correct stamp duty is paid.
● To supervise and ensure secretarial compliances.
● To supervise and ensure closure of audit by regulators, legal audit and legal diligences.
● To have good knowledge of cyber laws, social media policies (e.g. youtube, facebook etc), copyrights and other IPR Acts;
● Keeping up with current changes on all relevant areas of laws and contributing to the enhancement of the knowledge base of the company’s legal function
Legal Counsel qualifications and requirements
● Education- LLB or Masters in LLN is a must. CS is additional
● Experience- 10+ years of experience post qualification.
● Previous working experience as a Legal Counsel for 2-3 years+
● In-depth knowledge of administrative law and procedures
● Good organizational, prioritization and time-management skill
● Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
● BFSI experience is preferred
Why you should work with us:
We are customer centric and are committed to building a better banking experience. We're a positive, transparent and inclusive community that is result driven and motivated by brilliance. Working with us is not just fun, it's agile, fast paced and collaborative. We've been backed by leading investors like Tiger Global, QED, Matrix , Sequoia and are growing rapidly in the fin tech space - we’ve built a strong community of over 2 million users and are expanding!
If that's not enough, there's always more!
• Need a breather? Game with Jovians on the foosball table, obviously there's a scoreboard!
• Our wholesome health care plans take care of you - whenever, wherever.
• Embrace growth! You'll find people from all walks of life at Jupiter, budding freshers, seasoned veterans - you name it.
• We take unwinding as seriously as we do hustling - game nights are just our way of downtimes
• Collaboration is key for us - your value isn’t limited to your responsibilities! Feel free to lurk in other departments and share your thoughts!
• Weekly knowledge sharing: Learning doesn’t stop at Jupiter - grab your cup of chai and engage in knowledge sharing from the best in the business, every Wednesday!
And there's always more:
Want to know more about us? Hop onto the links below:
Sounds like you’d fit right in? Apply to our job using the link below!