A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Palantir's Legal Team (known internally as Legal Ninjas) works to proactively address legal issues so that Palantir can continue to drive positive impact in the world. Our D.C. based Legal Ninjas are the legal backbone of our US Government business development teams, and are motivated by our mission. As a Legal Ninja, you will work on every issue Palantir faces in its government business - from negotiating complex license and services agreements, litigation and bid protests, to handling intellectual property, compliance and employment issues - and will take ownership over loosely-defined objectives to achieve epic outcomes.
In this role, you will help lead the charge in our various government contract endeavors and offer legal advice on a broad spectrum of government contract-related issues. You have strong communication and interpersonal skills and are comfortable drafting a statement of work, negotiating with opposing counsel, sparring with a contracting officer, or troubleshooting a draft proposal. You're also comfortable operating in stressful situations, and can help handle a complete portfolio of contracts, drive new deals forward, prepare or respond to award protests and take on other novel, complex issues as they arise.
You will become an authority on the intricate details of the contracts and subcontracts that enable Palantir to implement its state of the art technology to solve real-world problems. Although government contracts are your forte, you're excited to work on the range of projects that arise at a fast-paced, mission-focused company. You'll maintain focus on the details, but you can hold the broad vision needed to bring large and multi-stepped projects to completion.
- Understand Palantir's relationship with all its government customers, and provide advice and counsel in support of Palantir's business and its goals.
- Navigate deals through any bureaucracy, foreign or domestic.
- Lead contract drafting and negotiating.
- Provide advanced knowledge of proposal drafting and evaluation.
- Stay up to date on relevant legal frameworks, including FARs and DFARs.
- Coordinate with outside counsel throughout any particularly complex issues.
- Work closely with procurement office representatives at government agencies.
What We Value
- JD and 3+ years of firm, in-house, or government experience (a combination is even better!).
- Extraordinary communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions to novel issues.
- Strong organizational skills with an attested ability to multitask in a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience with Government Contracting, including the FAR, DFARS, GSA, bid protests.
- Software licensing experience and a passion for technology.
Palantir is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster
and EEO poster supplement
for additional information.