Our Legal, Compliance, & Privacy team works on exciting legal and operational issues at the leading edge of machine learning technology. You will join a creative and solutions-oriented team collaborating with internal teams at Scale and externally with our customers. We are looking for relentlessly curious, deliberately open-minded, and action-oriented generalists who can design effective legal advice, internal policies, and operational processes while employing an empathetic interpersonal style. If you enjoy solving novel and challenging problems and building strong teams and relationships while doing it, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Legal Operations Intern, you’ll be a key member of our legal team. You’ll coordinate and manage a variety of programs, projects and processes for the team, such as supporting contract negotiation, contract administration, global subsidiary management, privacy program management, and cross-functional projects with our human resources, operations and compliance teams. We’re looking for a proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced and dynamic environment and knows how to ask the right questions as well as prioritize a wide variety of tasks.
We're looking for an intern for Fall 2020
- Develop processes that help improve our commercial, product, privacy, and corporate workflows
- Negotiate NDAs and services agreements
- Help develop training for our business partners on system functionality and legal procedures
- Organize and administer our contracts management system (Ironclad) and maintain key legal filings
- Assist with maintenance and compliance for our global subsidiaries
- Assist with the maintenance of our privacy compliance processes
Ideally you'd have:
- Bachelor’s degree, or are pursuing a bachelor’s degree
- A high level of organization and attention to detail
- Experience in project management and taking projects from conception to launch
- Experience with basic data analysis and reporting and an aptitude for using data-driven approaches whenever possible
- An iterative approach to process improvement
- Excellent organizational and communications skills
- Proficiency with business applications such as Microsoft Word and GSuite
- Interest in AI, law, privacy, and cybersecurity
At Scale, our mission is to accelerate the development of Machine Learning and AI applications across multiple markets. Our first product is a suite of APIs that allow AI teams to generate high-quality ground truth data. Our customers include OpenAI, Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy, and many more.
Scale AI is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Scale AI is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.