Expa is a startup studio led by the founders of Uber, StumbleUpon, Foursquare, AddThis, and Metrolyrics. After 10 years designing and building consumer services, the Expa team has identified many techniques that help create successful companies. With $150 million funding to date, the team founds new companies based on internal ideas, and occasionally collaborates with founders of early-stage companies whose missions Expa believes in. We help companies avoid common pitfalls in early-stage ventures, and actively remove roadblocks along the way, specializing in product strategy, system design, and user experience.
Expa has a strong presence in San Francisco and New York City, and has recently expanded operations to Vancouver, Canada. We are actively looking to hire the best talent to be a part of our growing team.
We are looking for a C developer who will help further expand our project under development. You will be working with the base level of linux and wrapping libraries and kernel modules. Project details are revealed to qualified candidates since the project is currently private.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C code
- Implement performance and quality modules
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Develop code that will be compiled and executed on client’s machines
Skills & Requirements
- Strong proficiency in C, with fairly complete knowledge of the language specification
- Masterful Linux Shell scripting
- Kernel tuning and configuration
- Expert knowledge of bash and other command line interfaces
- Excellent understanding of vi and other general libraries
- Good understanding of memory management in non garbage collected environments
- Knowledge of low-level threading primitives and real-time environments
- Familiarity with system call wrapper library functions
- Knowledge of writing native modules for high-level languages such as Node.js, Python, Go, etc.
- Strong familiarity with kernel and how a linux system operates
- Knowledge of component data sheets and specifications
- Familiarity with language tools, such as Lint, Valgrind, etc.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Minimum 5 years experience
What’s in it for you
- A competitive base salary
- Stock options
- Full medical and dental benefits
- A very flexible vacation policy
- Custom workstation designed to your needs
- A beautiful office in downtown Vancouver and a talented team