Join Taboola's tech team as a Linux Systems Engineer!
Read something interesting online to day? There's a good chance it reached you because of our technology.
Taboola is the world's leading content discovery platform, serving 360B recommendations to over 1B unique visitors each month on the web's most innovative publisher sites, including NBC, USA Today, The Weather Channel, Tribune and Fox Sports.
About You: You are a savvy systems engineer with a diverse background in big data environments.
In this Job: You will build and scale Taboola's production infrastructure, focusing specifically on the Linux environment.
- 5 years systems administration experience working in a Linux environment, particularly CentOS
- Experience in big data environments such as Cassandra and Hadoop
- Expert knowledge in bash scripting and ability to code in Ruby, Python, or Perl
- Experience working with common monitoring and configuration management tools such as Puppet,Nagios,Graphite, Sensu, Foreman
- Configuration and maintenance of common applications such as Nginx, Squid, NFS, DHCP, SSH, Bind, and SNMP
- Virtualization,storage systems and network experience- a plus
- Ability to function well in a globally distributed team
- Combine open-source and commercial technologies to build services that will positively impact the business
- Work in a heterogeneous environment, containing diverse operating systems and applications
- Leverage the scale and complexity of Taboola recommendation infrastructure
- Serve as the final escalation point for issues related to IT Linux systems
- Produce systems that are scalable, automated, and well-documented
- Work closely with developers in troubleshooting, software releases, and supporting new features and services
- Participate in 24/7 on call rotation