Servian, Australia’s leading technology professional service firms, are growing their team in their Bengaluru office.
Our consultants use emerging technologies and best practices to help clients become more data driven across a range of industries. Recent projects include helping a major retailer in their cloud transformation, building a novel mobile app to help a surgeon better engage with her patients post-operation, helping enterprise harness the power of big data, and bringing a full stack web app to market for an emerging start-up, to name a few.
Our people are at the heart of our strategy - We were founded to create a great place to work for talented technologists. Our flat organisational structure empowers staff to grow as technical leaders and trusted customer advisors. Our teams are close-knit and work together to deliver stellar customer outcomes.
We invest heavily in professional development both technically, through training and guided certification pathways, and in consulting, through workshops in client engagement and communication. Growth in our organisation happens from growth in our people.
During COVID, all team members are working-from-home and are provided with new monitors, laptops, headsets, chairs and internet connections to be comfortable and productive. In addition we have expanded our health insurance policies for staff and their families, have made COVID-care and tele-health facilities available and are coordinating vaccination drives as supply becomes available. Our custom designed office is in the heart of leafy Jayanagar close to shops, parks and a metro station (which we will re-open only when it is safe to do so).
We are looking for passionate Linux system engineers and administrators to join our close knit teams of cloud, data, digital and devops consultants. Whether you are looking to accelerate your career or diversify into a consulting landscape, you will bring,
- In depth Linux system administration
- Proficiency in scripting and automation (Python preferred)Experience troubleshooting performance, availability and functionality issues.
- Ability to determine the root cause of these issues and provide suggestions on how to avoid them in the future.
- Optimisation experience for system availability, security, and performance of systems.
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
- Ability to work on a rotation shift model as part of a team (varying between Australian and Indian business hours, shift allowances provided)
Desirable Skills :
- Proficiency in at least one major configuration management tool, e.g. Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Experience in infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Terraform)
- Experience in or willingness to learn Hadoop cluster administration
- Experience in or willingness to learn Cloud (AWS, Azure or GCP) administration
- Experience in or willingness to learn Docker and Kubernetes administration
- Technical leadership experience - highly desirable
- Calm and systematic demeanour in Severity-1 situations
- Experience maintaining high availability (99.9% plus) systems
- Certifications in one or more of ITIL, RHEL or CCNA
We will offer the right candidates an unparalleled learning and development pathway to support their growth into modern cloud architecture and devops practices.
If you are looking to join a team that is determined to provide you with the opportunities and capability to develop and extend your career to the next level, then look no further! APPLY NOW!