Live events are at the core of Niantic products and highlight our real-world social experience at its best. Niantic is looking for a Live Events Marketing Manager to lead all aspects of the physical/experiential event production for location specific events such as Pokémon GO Fest, Pokémon GO Tour, Pokémon GO Safari Zones, and smaller scale partner activations. The ideal candidate will have a passion for crafting and producing experiences that fans remember for a lifetime and is an extraordinarily organized collaborator who knows how to lead multiple partners to align on a common vision and deliver perfectly.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to conceptualize and deliver exciting experiential concepts that will make a lasting positive impact on our communities, align to marketing OKRs, key campaigns, and business objectives.
- Assist in Live Event contract negotiations and support with tactical execution of agreements.
- Act as Live Events lead for Niantic Platform pre-order tool functionality and expansion, in partnership with xfn stakeholders (PM, Engineering, Legal, Finance, Ops).
- Liaise with license holders for reviews, procure approvals, and provide updates.
- Create and track against detailed workback schedules, ensuring key milestones are met on time.
- Manage storage and fulfillment of live event set pieces, signage, premium items, and hardware.
- Partner with the Community team to support Community Ambassador program physical goods production and fulfillment.
- Maintain relationships between agencies, vendors, and partners to ensure physical set pieces are produced at high quality on time and within budget.
- Oversee the branded event asset creation process from design to approval to production.
- Lead efforts to create live event exclusive merchandise with IP partners and balance P&L to maximize profits.
- Deliver post event reports with data-driven analysis including attendee feedback, goal attainment, and recommendations for future event improvements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders to cultivate strong working relationships with project team members, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- Required in-office 2 days on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Proven ability producing live event programs, both small and large consumer-facing events in the tech or gaming space.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication.
- Passion for building communities and connecting people in meaningful ways.
- Willingness to travel and work an atypical schedule to support the international live events team structure.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working closely with vendors to oversee the development of high quality physical event assets.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with the ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including asynchronous interactions with others.
- Passion for Niantic products (Pokémon GO, Pikmin Bloom, and Ingress).
- Experience working within strict brand and legal guidelines.
- Experience building, managing, and/or supporting grassroots live event programs.
- Experience with project management tools such as Asana.
- Proficiency in G Suite a plus.
- Proficiency in Japanese, Spanish or a second language.
The total compensation package for this position includes a new hire offer base salary range of $121,000 - $135,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Individual pay within this salary range is determined by work location and additional factors, including assessed job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can answer any questions about new hire total compensation during the hiring process. An overview of benefit offerings for your location can be found on the careers page.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic's global-scale augmented reality platform and digital map powers spatial computing experiences in the real world. Incubated out of the Maps team at Google, Niantic first created Ingress and then Pokémon GO, a cultural phenomenon and hit game played by tens of millions of people each month. Niantic’s Lightship platform, which powers Pokémon GO, also supports the company's other games including Pikmin Bloom, Peridot and Monster Hunter Now. Developers use Niantic’s platform to build their own AR applications and experiences, either with the Lightship Platform or directly through the web with 8th Wall.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration fosters creativity, a sense of community, and is critical to our future success as a company. Our hybrid work schedules allow for a mix of remote and in-office work.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Bellevue, Kansas, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, Hyderabad, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID