The YouVersion Localization Volunteer Manager is primarily responsible for providing overall leadership and vision to 1,500+ localization volunteers per year located worldwide, including the localization volunteer leadership team of 100+ high-capacity international volunteers. This role will supervise a coordinator and part-time contractor and work cross-functionally to lead and improve the entire volunteer experience, from recruitment and onboarding to strategic communication and leadership development.
YouVersion was created by the local church in 2007 and remains a ministry of Life.Church today. At Life.Church, our mission is to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. Our team is committed to reaching people worldwide through innovative technology. And YouVersion is one of the ways we get to do that. Life.Church is a multi-site Christian church meeting in the United States and globally at Life.Church Online.
We wholeheartedly believe a daily rhythm of seeking intimacy with God has the power to transform lives. That’s why YouVersion creates biblically-based experiences that encourage and challenge people to seek God. We hope everyone in our community is on an active journey to become who God made them to be, abiding in Him, and drawing closer every day.
The Volunteer Manager will lead strategies to increase recruitment, retention, and engagement KPIs by developing clear communication strategies and leading volunteers to regularly contribute to the team each week and invite people to join them. This role supports the Localization team’s direction, initiatives, and ministry efforts to achieve outcomes that further Life.Church’s mission and reach people for Christ.
What You’ll Do
- Own leadership team strategy by casting a clear vision for leadership team structure and role responsibilities and leading implementation that will scale to meet the needs of a growing global team.
- Identify, recruit, and train new coaches, team leaders, and regional team leaders, and ensure appropriate span of care is maintained for all leadership team members.
- Implement regular leadership development strategies and online event opportunities to increase the leadership team’s capacity and lead them to be actively engaged in developing new leaders.
- Supervise coordinator and part-time contractor in leadership team onboarding and offboarding and in leading the Welcome Team.
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Volunteer Operations, and Partnerships teams to develop and implement new and innovative global recruitment strategies.
- Develop a communication strategy to engage volunteers in the mission, which happens completely online via Facebook, WhatsApp, YouTube, Zoom, and localization.youversion.com, to increase engagement and retention.
- Develop and execute strategies to encourage volunteers to regularly contribute to the team each week and invite others to join them in serving.
- Supervise Localization Volunteer Coordinator and part-time contractor to ensure all volunteers are onboarded, trained efficiently, and appreciated appropriately.
- Manage all personnel and pastoral care issues for any team member when necessary.
- Provide spiritual leadership to the volunteer team.
Skills Needed to Succeed
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to foster relationships and partnerships.
- Ability to self-motivate, make independent decisions, and solve problems.
- Maintain flexibility and initiate the creation of new processes and project strategies.
- Ability to manage conflict and differing opinions while maintaining composure.
- Strong leadership skills and understanding of developing and guiding others.
- Ability to take a great vision and turn it into reality through strategic execution.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1-3 years of related work experience.
Benefits We Offer
- Paid parental leave, including maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Generous employer-paid leave for the use of vacation, sick time, and other qualifying reasons.
- Innovative and comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance that provides team members with useful resources and savings to navigate their holistic health.
- Life insurance policy provided for all staff members at 2x annual salary at no cost. Additional life insurance coverage is available to purchase.
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability is covered at 100% for full-time qualified staff members.
- Comprehensive wellness and mental health benefits allow staff to proactively invest in their physical and emotional health.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plan allowing a team member to have up to 12.5% (including employee contribution, employer match, and employer discretionary contribution) contributed into their account in their first year. It doesn’t stop there—the more years on staff, the greater the investment!
- $160 annually in development dollars for team members to invest in their professional growth.
- Casual dress and work environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
- And much more!
Our Beliefs, Culture, and Commitment to Diversity
At Life.Church, every staff member, and intern is a minister and is expected to engage in the church's ministry fully. We consider ministry readiness and an individual’s capacity to represent Life.Church’s beliefs as a minister during the selection process for all staff and intern positions. An essential function within every position held by a staff member or intern at Life.Church is to uphold and represent the beliefs of Life.Church. Learn more about what we believe at Life.Church
While we unite around our mission, we know unity doesn’t mean uniformity. Our calling is too great, and our mission is too important not to be intentional about strengthening our team through diversity. We know that diverse perspectives in race, ethnicity, background, age, and gender are essential to reaching the world for Christ. To learn more about how we strengthen our team through diversity, visit our careers page
All data collected in our application process, from resume collection to application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only.