GOAL Turkey is looking to recruit a logistics assistant to support GOAL Turkey in achieving their programme objectives. They will undertake timely and efficient logistics activities for GOAL Turkey, in accordance with GOAL Logistics policies and procedures and relevant donor requirements.
Duties, objectives and competencies:
- Conduct small level procurements for day to day activities in GOAL office including (but not limited to) stationary, cleaning supplies, payment of utility bills.
- Conduct all urgent and medium urgency procurements for Special Needs Fund
- Ensure that all purchases are in line with GOAL procurement procedures and policies.
- Maintain excellent filing of both hardcopy and electronic procurement files as per GOAL Logistics Manual and Internal Audit requirements.
- Liaise with Finance Department to follow up on timely payments to suppliers
- Conduct market surveys to verify prices of relevant items in local market.
- Ensure that GOAL’s online procurement system is up to date for orders.
Travel Movement (20%)
- Arrange movement for GOAL Turkey staff and cars within area of operation
- Arrange flights for GOAL Turkey staff fleets and team within area of operation
- Liaise with the contracted travel agency as focal point of contact with GOAL contracted travel agency for arranging, changing, purchasing flights, accommodation at hotels, car transfers, etc.
- Arrange and conduct airport pickups, welcome packs, airport pickups/drops off, collection of issued assets and welcome packs from all incoming and outgoing personnel
- Responsibility for the day to day running of the GOAL office in area of operation
- Ensure support services are running properly including cleaners, security guards, drivers etc.
- Conduct weekly check on health and safety standards as per GOAL procedures and policies
- Arrange accommodation for visiting GOAL staff and ensure rented accommodation is in good condition and abides by GOAL policies for staff accommodation
Stock & Asset Management (10%):
- To ensure that all goods received by GOAL are recorded in GOAL standard templates and are stored and handled as per GOAL logistics manual procedures of safety, security, accountability and transparency
- To ensure that all goods dispatched by GOAL to the final distribution sites, and when in transit through multiple locations are recorded in GOAL standard templates
- To ensure that all store transaction paper works are kept filed as per GOAL filing system.
- To ensure that all the items stored in the warehouses are recorded in GOAL warehouse papers
- Data entry activities for GOALs electronic Stock Monitoring Sheet (SMS) and Fixed Asset Register (FAR)
- Labelling any newly purchased or donated assets
- Organise timely payments of telephone bills, mobile internet top ups and any other related costs
- Maintain a record of use and cost of communication per type (phone/internet)
- Troubleshoot problems by liaising with telecommunication service providers for both phone and internet.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as directed by your Manager
- All positions in GOAL Turkey Programme may at times require manual handling and lifting.
- High school diploma and 2 years relevant work experience in logistics such as , assets management, warehouse/storekeeping, office/business administration in private or government sectors;
- Documented experience of some responsibility for procurement
- Good problem solving and organizing skills
- Self-starter and able to work under minimal supervision.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft packages, including Excel, Word, and Outlook (particular emphasis on Excel);
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Trustworthy and honest;
- Ability to write, speak and work in English and Turkish.
- Previous work experience with an International Humanitarian NGO;
- Ability to write, speak and work in Arabic.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL’s work in Turkey is rapidly growing and changing and GOAL reserves the right to change your job title, description or duties, having reasonable regard to your skills. Employees are expected to assume new assignments enthusiastically and perform to the best of their abilities.
Ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty.