Poynt was founded on the belief that all merchants should have access to innovative technology without compromising on security or user experience. We set out to fix broken commerce infrastructure by bringing developers, distributors and merchants together on an open platform running on top of a smart, all-in-one device. The company has raised over $28 million in venture funding from prominent firms like Google Ventures.
Poynt is building the payment terminal and commerce platform of the future. Some of the largest merchants, developers, banks, and resellers in the world are key partners on this platform, and we aim to provide an incredible level of insight and control to each of these parties over their highly unique use cases and concerns.
Our real-time data pipeline ingests, normalizes, and aggregates billions of events from our apps and Smart Terminal, and deliver instant insights and trigger alerts on web/mobile apps for each of our customer types. We constantly tread the line between performance and scalability, using many different backend tools and optimizations to produce the most useful yet fastest interfaces and alert
With our founder and CEO Osama Bedier — former head of Google Wallet and long-time PayPal senior executive — we strive to create tools that will help merchants thrive in today’s evolving and connected commerce world.
Though we are quickly growing, one thing remains constant: we are a family. We approach challenges and opportunities head on, all the while growing and evolving as individuals and a company. Our culture has allowed us to recruit the best talent from prominent tech companies like Google, PayPal, Visa, Square and others.
We are currently seeking an individual with strong Logistics Management skills. The successful candidate will be based in our Palo Alto office and will reside within the Supply Chain team and have an active engagement with the Hardware Engineering, Sales, and Customer Service teams.
In this role, candidate will have direct responsibility for the movement of product from vendors to distribution points, customers, and back to Poynt. The candidate will be responsible for a wide range of Supply Chain functions including demand plan, transportation vendor management, 3pl warehouse management, inventory control, trade compliance, and reverse logistics.
- Lead, guide, direct, and evaluate global forward and reverse logistics operational execution
- Develop vision and strategy for scaling global logistics operation
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop and drive demand plan across all product offerings
- Maintain and improve inventory control program
- Responsible for fulfilment of orders for internal and external stakeholder
- Develop, implement, and maintain automated solutions to support global logistics solutions
- Develop business relationships between Poynt suppliers, freight forwarder, 3pl vendor and 3rd party repair vendors. Negotiate contracts and pricing.
- Receive, process, track, and report customer returns while establishing automated global reverse logistics solution.
- Track and management the movement and status of inventory between various Poynt, customer, and vendor sites
- Establish, maintain, and report relevant KPI metrics.
- 7+ years of working experience in product planning, inventory management, and supply chain management
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities and strong leadership skills.
- Excel modeling & analysis skills required. Proficient in Word, Pages, Keynote and other project management applications.
- Knowledge of global import, export and custom practices.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal). Ability to exert tactful influence in multinational environments; must be a strong team player. Experience managing in high volume, fast paced environment.
- Experience in managing transportation and warehouse providers
- Broad understanding of electronics, technology and payments industries
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and confidence working in a quickly changing environment
- Proven ability to work independently under high pressure in dynamic environments
- Ability to successfully work with cross-functional teams, customers, and external vendors
- Ability to travel to the worldwide manufacturing and distribution partners to work face-to-face with the local teams at key points in the product development cycle
- BA/BS degree preferred, equivalent practical experience considered
Palo Alto, California