BACS is seeking an LVN for our nursing coordinator position in Oakland working with homeless individuals in our crisis unit. The Nursing Coordinator is part of a mental and health care team providing medical case management coordination and care to participants. *This is an ON-CALL position and there is no set schedule.
- Triage participants at intake/assessment and throughout respite stay.
- Administer psychotropic medication injections, order medications, and coordinate with the treatment team.
- Support participants and treatment team with access to refills acting as a liaison between pharmacies and insurance.
- Provide support, education, and medical information to staff, participants, caregivers, and family.
- Aid participants in understanding their medical needs and help them plan for coordination of care with PCPs.
- Document all participants’ treatment and interactions accurately and completely.
- Establish a harmonious and collaborative working relationship with the participant and treatment team.
- Embrace diversity in all aspects and work positively using a teamwork approach.
- Develop procedures for monitoring participants on antipsychotic medications.
- LVN certification from accredited nursing school and current CA license.
- Demonstrated flexibility, creativity, and ability to make independent decisions and exercise good judgment.
- Background and experience in mental health.
- Bilingual English and Spanish desirable.
- Valid California driver’s license, personal vehicle, and proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage. DMV printout required.
Bay Area Community Services is a CARF accredited non-profit, community-based agency celebrating 65 years of serving Alameda and Solano Counties by providing mental health and social services. BACS’ mission is to uplift under-served individuals and their families by doing whatever it takes. We are proud to be one of the leading agencies producing real outcomes to tough social problems. BACS owes its reputation as an innovator to our innovative and entrepreneurial staff. We are seeking individuals who want to transform clinical practice to be client-centered and effective in the field and who want to lead empowered teams to meet goals.
How to apply:
Submit a resume with a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience.
BAY AREA COMMUNITY SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER