As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 400,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As a Lyrics Transcriber, you will be proofreading and editing music content (lyrics) in your local market across a variety of genres, with a focus on modern rap and hip-hop. You will be both transcribing lyrics for high priority content AND verifying lyric accuracy on content provided by partners, artists and labels that will be featured. You will also be reviewing and editing metadata related to the feature content, and reporting any patterns of issues or bugs present in the content. You will regularly work with high profile content so a strong attention to detail is required, along with a keen interest and passion for music.
• Strong awareness of music culture, recent trends and artists in target market
• Understanding of Music streaming services, platforms, playlists and content resources
• Attention to detail
• Typing speed of 60wpm minimum with accuracy
• Strong problem solving skills
• Excellent time management skills
• An independent approach to tasks and workloads
• Native-level or fully bilingual fluency (both spoken and written language) in German
• Up-to-date with recent changes to grammar and style-guides in the target language
• Strong English skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to learn and adapt to new software and web-based interfaces
• Working knowledge of iOS, OS.
Key Competencies and Responsibilities
- Listen and transcribe high profile lyrical content in accordance with style guidelines + grammar
- Write and report relevant bugs using best practices through internal database system
- Prioritize tasks and issues to reach targets and meet daily and weekly deadlines
- Native-lever language skills and cultural awareness of your target country/market
- Strong oral and written communication in both your target language AND English
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- QA content using guidelines, test instructions and/or test cases provided
- Discover and accurately report defects using client-specific softwares
- Be a subject matter expert for linguistic issues in the target language; be able to research and resolve linguistic questions
- Adhere to project-specific quality standards, trademarks, style guides and client-preferred checklists and glossaries
- Troubleshoot basic problems; be able to communicate effectively and escalate testing issues.
Additional Job Details:
• Location: Cork City, Ireland, On-site
• Salary: Competitive
• Health and Pension benefits
• Annual Holiday + Sick Leave
• Relocation Package available