Bill.com is a leading provider of cloud-based software that simplifies, digitizes, and automates complex, back-office financial operations for small and midsize businesses. Customers use the Bill.com platform to manage end-to-end financial workflows and to process payments, which totaled over $70 billion for fiscal 2019. The Bill.com AI-enabled, financial software platform creates connections between businesses and their suppliers and clients. It helps manage cash inflows and outflows. The company partners with several of the largest U.S. financial institutions, more than 70 of the top 100 U.S. accounting firms, and popular accounting software providers. Bill.com has offices in San Jose, California and Houston, Texas. For more information, visit www.bill.com or follow @billcom.
is looking for Python Machine Learning Engineers to join our team and solve challenging, data-driven problems. We are developing new ML models that (1) detect fraudulent transactions and bad actors and (2) extract data from unstructured documents so that customers never enter data. We are also expanding an ML-driven approach to other parts of our business.
As a Python Machine Learning Engineer, you will partner with a diverse set of teams, including engineers who build the core product experience, money movement system and risk operations. You will build and deploy machine learning models, and identify new approaches and methodologies for improving the performance of our ML applications. You will make an impact and drive the establishment of machine learning as a practice at Bill.com
We have multiple positions available at different levels of seniority.
- Build machine learning models for fraud detection and document data extraction
- Drive the definition of the machine learning infrastructure and pipeline to build and scale machine learning at Bill.com (e.g feature storage, predictions and scoring)
- Define metrics for feature evaluation and model performance
- Explore and investigate different model types and techniques to improve machine learning performance
- Participate in feature engineering and defining data requirements for different models
- Leverage various AWS technologies for building and deploying models
Desired Experience and Skills:
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience (MS or PhD preferred but not required)
- Expertise in python
- Extensive knowledge of machine learning algorithms, techniques, available implementations in python (e.g NumPy, SciPy, Pandas) and frameworks (e.g tensorflow)
- Strong point of view on how to build highly scalable machine learning infrastructure
- Excellent engineering and problem solving skills. Able to write high performing, high quality code in python
- Experience with AWS, Sagemaker preferable
is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
● Humble – No ego
● Fun – Celebrate the moments
● Authentic – We are who we are
● Passionate – Love what you do
● Dedicated – To each other and the customer