Kitware's Medical Computing team
solves complex healthcare challenges through customized software solutions. The team provides research, development, and technology integration services to research centers, universities, and companies in the medical and biomedical sectors. By joining our team you will participate in a dynamic multidisciplinary work environment with exceptionally talented computer scientists, software engineers, mechanical engineers, and biomedical engineers.
About the Projects:
We build customized healthcare solutions for AI system design, training, evaluation, and deployment to suit our commercial customers and research collaborators' unique project requirements, ensuring seamless integration with their existing systems. We leverage our expertise to optimize existing ML algorithms for maximum efficiency, security, and accuracy for healthcare applications.
In This Position You Will:
- Implement data engineering and preprocessing pipelines to clean, extract, and visualize critical features from raw data.
- Design, build, and optimize ML pipelines.
- Develop advanced image analysis algorithms that will be deployed as part of software applications for medicine that are used by people and customers every day around the world.
- Extend the capabilities of MONAI, VTK, ITK, and 3D Slicer to meet the needs of academic and commercial users as they investigate new medical procedures and imaging systems, release innovative products, and improve all aspects of patient care.
- Collaborate with world-class coworkers and external collaborators on dynamic, fast-paced projects.
- Bachelor's degree + 2 years or Master's degree + 1 year in Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Experience working with medical imaging data and other types of healthcare data.
- Strong foundations in Algorithms, Data Structures, Differential Calculus, Linear Algebra, Optimization, Probability, and/or Statistics.
- Proficiency in Python.
- Experience with PyTorch/MONAI deep learning library.
- Strong background in both classical and modern (deep learning) machine learning, including model selection, architecting, training, validation, testing, and deployment.
- Understanding of a variety of machine learning tasks: Detection, Segmentation, Classification, and Registration.
- A high level of comfort with academic literature and the ability to adapt research products to solve real-world problems.
- Experience with AWS, GCP, and/or Azure deployment of ML pipelines.
- Proficiency in C++.
- Publication record in medical imaging journals and conferences such as (but not limited to) TMI, MICCAI, SPIE MI, ISBI, and/or IPMI.
Kitware is a research and development software solutions provider with a mission to advance science, make a positive impact, and share our results all within a collaborative, employee-focused work environment that is friendly, fair, and flexible. Our work is improving healthcare outcomes, increasing national security, and advancing our national computing infrastructure. Our customers and collaborators include top universities from around the world, government organizations, national research labs, medical device manufacturers, car manufacturers, financial institutions, and many others.
Kitware is proud to be 100% employee-owned, and Great Place to Work-Certified™.
Our team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive benefits package includes a competitive compensation plan, tuition reimbursement program, flexible working hours, six weeks paid time off, 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, bonus plan, and free coffee, drinks, and snacks.
Kitware actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, protected veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Any unsolicited resume sent to Kitware, including to Kitware's mailing addresses, fax machines or email addresses, whether directly to Kitware employees or to Kitware's applicant tracking system, will be considered Kitware property. Kitware will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume, and will consider any candidate submitted by a recruitment agency without a fully executed contract with Kitware to have been referred free of any charges or fees.
If you need assistance with applying or interviewing for a role due to a disability or special need, please reach out directly to our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org
at any time during the hiring process.