As a part of Creative Research team, you will work in the intersection of game development and data science areas. Your role will be to deliver state-of-the-art Machine Learning solutions for our game development processes. The ideal candidate won’t just help us to solve tasks, you will bring a new knowledge and experience to the team. As a subject matter expert, you will be combining your professional experience and an intrinsic desire for problem solving, with your passion of games in order to explore a new frontier within the realm of game development with our data scientists and academic research partners.
We are looking for a new team member with strong interpersonal skills and a combination of analytical skills, intellectual curiosity and accountability. The ideal candidate is intelligent, sharp, detail-oriented, and highly quantitative individual with a passion for gaming, data modeling, analysis, and working with cross-functional teams.
What will you do?
- Analyze data and apply researching, designing, prototyping and productization of machine learning solutions to challenge various business issues in game development
- Prepare documentation in a simple, understandable way for a business or technical audience
- Develop specifications for created models for further automation
- Design, prototype, and implement advanced machine learning algorithms to help improve player experiences. Work with data science and engineering team to implement robust processes in real time
- Review relevant academic and industry research to identify useful algorithms, techniques, libraries, etc. Monitor latest Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence trends and cutting-edge technics to leverage them on our projects
- Frame and conduct intricate analyses and experiments using extremely large, complex (not always well-structured, highly variable) data sets, analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Create statistical models and machine learning algorithms that provide insights and direction for overall game feature design and level design
- Research, implement and improve Machine Learning solutions to improve our game production processes or players experience
- Modify game code to allow effective implementation of ML algorithms
- Develop tools and processes that will help team members and stakeholders analyze experiment results
- Collaborate with other ML and game teams to industrialize Machine Learning solutions into innovative products and business processes
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, data mining, etc)
- Proven solid commercial programming experience with developing machine learning systems in a professional environment
- Understanding of the mathematical foundations of machine learning algorithms,knowledge of probability theory and mathematical statistics
- Proficiency in Python and multiple libraries (NumPy, OpenCV, XGBoost, Scikit-Learn, Pandas, etc.), in data models and architectures
- Experience using machine learning frameworks (Pytorch, Tensorflow, MxNet, Caffe, etc.)
- Teamwork experience, ability to work independently as well as in small teams with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical team members
- Intermediate or higher level of English
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience in game development industry
- Experience with Reinforcement Learning, Generative Adversarial Network, NLP and other state of the art techniques
- Experience with other programming languages (C++, C#, R, etc.)
- Familiarity with data extraction across different database architectures (structured and non-structured)
- Experience with CUDA, cuDNN
- Experience with cloud data/data processing services
- Advanced data visualization skills
- Experience in creating analytical reports in English and Russian
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 15 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.