Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Farmington Hills, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
The Sensor Fusion team is seeking a Machine Learning Engineering Intern for research, design, and development of cutting-edge technology applied in order to bring SAE level 4 autonomous vehicles to the market safely. In this role you will help the team to design, document and present novel machine learning techniques and applications. You will be working closely with the development team to support the product development as well as evaluation and proposal of algorithm adjustments to avoid undesired learning behavior.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software which will be integrated into test vehicles
- Provide support to development teams responsible for autonomous driving machine learning solutions: experimentation and validation, proof of concept, tuning and constraint adjustment
- Work closely with a proactive, highly motivated engineering team to bring future generation autonomous driving solutions to Mercedes-Benz products worldwide
- Present and demo research topics to Mercedes-Benz internal groups
- High School Diploma
- Currently enrollment/recent completion of BS/MS program in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or related technical field of study
- Strong programming and software development skills in Python
- Good understanding of Statistical data analysis and Machine Learning concepts (Supervised and Unsupervised Learning, Recommender Systems)
- Able to learn quickly and willing to share knowledge
- Strong instincts for efficiency and optimization, with self-motivation to work with colleagues such that only high quality products reach customers' hands
- Problem solving and communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with ML frameworks such as PyTorch and Tensorflow
- Understanding of ML workflow: preparing the data, implementing, and training ML models, evaluating results, deploying inference on different platforms
- Curious, self-motivated, and excited about solving open-ended challenges at Mercedes-Benz
- Experience with C++ and git
• Sick Time
The current hourly rate for this position is as follows and may be modified in the future: $28 (Undergraduate Students)/$32 (Graduate Students)
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Benefits for Full-Time* Employees Include:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
• 401(k) with employer match
• Up to 18 company-paid holidays
• Paid time off (unlimited for salaried employees), sick time, and parental leave
• Tuition assistance program
• Wellness/Fitness reimbursement programs
• Vehicle lease subsidy or company car (for eligible employees only)
* Internships excluded from Full-Time Employee benefits
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS