Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Primary responsibility: Sort and organize state tax notices that we receive in the mail and help identify high priority actions for the TaxRes team to take.
- Sort through State Agency correspondence (700 - 900 letters/week)
Escalate state tax notices to TaxRes & scan into Panda
- Review & shred IRS tax notices
- Help with TaxRes ticket routing associated with the notice escalations and other clerical duties such as data entry, mailing paper checks and tax returns, error checking, etc.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 1+ years experience with administrative work
- Extremely detail oriented and organized, will never let something slip through the cracks
- Quick learner of new concepts and processes
- Strong resourcefulness
- Strong written communication skills
- Customer-first, service-oriented mindset
- Helpful and enthusiastic, willing to do whatever is needed at the moment
- Process-driven, with the ability to step back and think about scalable solutions
Gusto offers payroll, benefits, and workers’ compensation to small businesses across the United States, from bike shops in Virginia to tech startups in San Francisco. Our investors include top venture capital firms like Google Capital and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, plus the founders of Instagram, Stripe, and more. To learn more about our values, benefits, and life at Gusto, visit gusto.com/careers.