SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.Maintenance EngineerOverview:
The Asset Reliability Maintenance Engineer will be involved in solving engineering problems on a daily basis in order to improve our asset availability. This will include setting up systems to ensure equipment reliability of up to 98%. SpaceX doesn’t shut down machines for maintenance. Instead, we find ways to predict failures and perform the maintenance without interrupting production. You will be able to work with the engineers that design and build unique machines and perform FMECA’s together to map out the maintenance strategy and find the best condition monitoring systems to monitor the performance.Responsibilities:
- Setting up asset maintenance strategies based on risk and history. This will involve using risk-based and reliability centered maintenance methodologies.
- Develop preventative maintenance instructions and schedules.
- Advise and support manufacturing teams on complex problem resolution. Perform Root Cause Analysis.
- Setting up Total Productive Maintenance throughout the factory.
- Calculate Key Performance Indicators such as Mean Time Between Failures, Mean Time To Repair, Planned downtime, etc. Use this data to further improve asset uptime and maintenance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Plan work orders (CM and PM).
- Determining the required activities to execute the work order (determines what activities, sequence, procedures, parts, services, labor, etc.)
- Track planned versus actual, estimated cost vs actual, etc.
- Identify the critical spare parts based on the FMECA methodology and Root Cause Analysis of breakdowns.
- Design upgrades of tooling such as jigs, fixtures and layup tools.
- Outsource tooling builds internally or externally.
- Coordinate work to ensure schedules are met.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering is required.
- Ideally preferring completion of a co-op or internship within the manufacturing field.
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems.
- Previous work experience in a manufacturing or industrial maintenance functionality
- Knowledge of Teamcenter and NX or other PLM software systems is desired.
- Strong analytical and written skills.
- Strong computer and math skills.
- 3 years of experience planning mechanical/electrical engineering projects.
- 3 years of experience working with CMMS programs such as Maximo, SAP, Infor, etc.
- 3 years of experience working with Microsoft applications.
- Position requires crawling, stooping, climbing, crouching, balancing, and reaching as necessary.
- Position requires that employees regularly be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Position may require long hours and weekend work, as necessary.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.