The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
· Partners with Corporate Reliability team to implement maintenance methods and procedures designed to reduce downtime, supply chain losses, minimize operating costs, and optimize the utilization of technicians, materials, and assets.
· Partners with manufacturing teams to deliver production targets and quality objectives.
· Provides technical expertise to increase the number of zero breakdown machines, reduce breakdown re-occurrences, and increase Mean Time between Failure (MTBF).
· Monitor, coach, and hold the mechanics and electricians (~13-15 hourly craftsmen) accountable in performing their jobs safely and in accordance with defined maintenance procedures and job plans to achieve safety, quality, and production goals.
· Direct your team and contractors to effectively deal with unexpected breakdowns in the production process to achieve production goals; doing everything yourself is not an option.
· Demonstrate safety and maintenance procedures and equipment/tool operation to new employees and ensure team completes required monthly trainings and certifications.
· Complete employee performance reviews
· Reviewing work backlog & weekly work schedule and working with other Area Managers to ensure the right work is getting done effectively and efficiently.
· Communicate detailed work schedules for the following day, as well as results from the previous day to other management groups. Understand gaps and opportunities that occurred and develop plans to address.
· Lead a maintenance-turnover meeting, communicating to oncoming shift any safety incidents/issues, schedule updates, production performance, and any special instructions.
· Communicate daily results, and top action items for the day to plant management during daily morning management meetings.
· Review and ensure compliance with safe work practices, operational excellence management standards, standard operating procedures, standard Preventative Maintenance (PM) procedures, job plans, and standard repair procedures.
· Work with Shift Leaders on any safety/environmental incidents that may have occurred, that involve the maintenance organization.
· Review and approve time/attendance using UltiPro HR Information Management System
· Own the operation, maintenance, and performance of common plant equipment such as air compressors, boilers, air conditioners, offices, etc.
· Enter work requests for emergency breakdowns on common plant equipment and observed issues in the electronic asset management system
· Ensure you have appropriate coverage from other shifts / areas to cover for any planned/unplanned time-off.
· Owns and maintains the process of storing, organizing, and charging out spare maintenance parts.
· Consistently partners with other team members to proactively manage maintenance costs and purchasing practices for driving value with effective and controlled spending.
· Willing and able to use a computer – including Microsoft Office (Excel, Work, PowerPoint, Outlook Email, Project, PowerBI), OESuites, Rockwell VantagePoint (dashboards and machine trends), D365 EAM Software
· Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Engineering or related discipline, with 5+ years of supervisory experience, delivering reliability improvements in a fast-changing manufacturing environment, or equivalent combination or experience/education/certifications.
· Experience managing maintenance teams and supporting autonomous manufacturing teams as they deliver continuous improvements.
· Experience managing P.M. (Preventative Maintenance) practices.
· Proven track record coaching, mentoring, and motivating and managing employees' skills development.
· Demonstrated experience proactively leading and coaching teams to solve problems, utilizing automatic line monitoring and other reliability improvement processes.
· Experience setting business targets to drive and sustain continuous loss reductions.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team leadership skills.
Preferred Qualifications - What Will Set Them Apart
· Applied working knowledge of time, condition, and predictive based maintenance processes.
· Experience with TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) Pillars - Autonomous and Effective Maintenance in a process environment.
· Working knowledge of Analytical Process Mapping.
· Must be able to work in environments that reach temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees.
· Able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment.
· Able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment.
· Ability to work evenings, weekends, and overnight to address unexpected site issues.
· Able to work “on call” on nights and weekends as needed.
· Able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, crawling, and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day.
· Ability to pull and lift up to 50 lbs.
· Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA.
· Ability to climb a crane in excess of 100 feet high.
· Ability to work from heights (at least 20 feet off the ground).
· Able to climb vertical ladders (fixable or portable) at unbroken lengths of up to 20 feet.
· Able to climb multiple flights of steps, angled ramps as needed.
· Able to work on computer screen format for up to twelve (12) hours a day.
· Travel to other Enviva locations if and as necessary for training purposes, etc.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.
Enter your email address below to get notified whenever we find a similar job post.
Unsubscribe at any time.