We’re thrilled to announce the opening of our first-ever in-house optical lab in Sloatsburg, New York. As a vertically integrated brand, this lab is the next step in continuing to provide a remarkable customer experience, allowing for more sustainable growth across our supply chain. We’re looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial Maintenance Manager to join the core management team and oversee maintenance, facilities management and safety across for the entire lab.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee daily calibration and cleaning of lab machinery
- Create preventative maintenance procedures on lab equipment
- Create and oversee a comprehensive health and safety program for the entire lab—ensuring we’re meeting all local, state, and federal OSHA requirements; owning safety policies and procedures; creating and conducting health and safety trainings; completing periodic safety inspections; ensuring right signage is in the right places; setting up lockout/tagout procedures, etc.
- Install and test new lab equipment upon delivery
- Work with the Corporate Facilities team on day-to-day facilities maintenance (including but not limited to the air compressor, dust collector, general facility equipment, bathrooms and trash collection)
- Manage ordering for machine parts and any additional supplies for lab machinery
- Oversee maintenance and janitorial staff
- Lead any process improvement initiatives for the department
Who you are:
- Equipped with 5+ years total mechanical work experience with optical industry experience
- Experienced in creating and managing a comprehensive and robust safety program in a manufacturing environment
- Experienced in managing and training others
- Completed formal OSHA training in the past
- Experienced with CNC equipment maintenance
- Armed with a strong understanding of the linkage between machine maintenance and final job quality
- Process-oriented (and proud of it!)
- Lean or Six Sigma experience
- Technical degree or training
- CPR certified
- Plumbing, electrical, fabrication, or other mechanical experience
About Warby Parker:
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By engaging directly with consumers, we’re able to offer ultra-high-quality, vintage-inspired frames for $95 including prescription lenses and shipping. We focus on the bigger picture, too: social innovation is woven into the DNA of our company, and for every pair of glasses purchased, a pair is distributed to someone in need.
In 2015, Fast Company named us the #1 Most Innovative Company. We’re also a certified B Corporation, which means that we are held to the highest standards of social and environmental performance.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Parental leave policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
- Free eyewear (discounts for friends and family!)