In 1986, Asset Living was founded with a vision to serve communities better. Since the beginning, our undeniable passion has driven our organic growth from a small property management firm to one of the most trusted allies in real estate. Today, we’re honored to be a valued partner to customers and communities throughout the United States. Asset Living manages a portfolio consisting of 100,000+ units and 133,500+ beds. We’re a company dedicated to growing communities. It starts with the community we’ve created at Asset. Asset is a team of diverse backgrounds, unique ideas, and distinct personalities. Together, there are no limits to what we can accomplish. Asset is not just another job–it’s a life-changing opportunity to find your passion, reach your goals, and work alongside the most driven team in real estate. Join us today!
The Service Supervisor is responsible for all maintenance operations of the community, including service requests, preventative maintenance, personnel management, compliance with safety standards, and customer service. The Service Supervisor works alongside the Community Manager in ensuring the responsibility of overseeing the activities of assigned staff and vendors to ensure the maintenance of the property.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintenance Management
- Coordinate, schedule, and respond to resident/management requests and work orders
- Ensure all repairs and replacements necessary for community common areas and units
- Inspect grounds, buildings, and other community features daily to daily to identify, minimize and correct hazardous property conditions or liability concerns
- Manage and order maintenance supplies inventory while adhering to budget guidelines set by the Community Manager
- Maintain preventative maintenance program that extends the life of the community while minimizing future repairs
- Maintain well-organized and properly stocked maintenance shop while adhering to safety standards and OSHA guidelines
- Maintain hazard communications program; teach and promote safe work practices
- Participate in unit inspections as requested
- Responsible for essential control of community
- Maintain accurate records regarding service requests, EPA/OSHA standards, preventative maintenance, apartment make-ready status, work in progress, etc.
- Assist with the general upkeep, maintenance, and cleaning of office, common areas, and model unit
- Participate in on-call emergency at community
- Plan for and utilize property resources, equipment, and supplies economically (i.e., obtaining bids/pricing from vendors, suppliers, contractors, dealing with inadequate service, etc.)
- Give direction to and monitor maintenance, construction, and rehabilitation activities to ensure quality and expediency (i.e., “walk” units to ensure make-ready and work orders are completed)
- Personnel Management
- Under the direction of the Community Manager, supervises, trains, and schedules maintenance activities for maintenance staff
- Check the work progress of each maintenance staff daily; provide immediate assistance and instruction if needed.
- Provide Community Manager input regarding employee performance evaluations
- Ensure effectiveness of staff through ongoing training, coaching, counseling, and guidance in compliance with Asset training benchmarks
- Promote harmony and quality job performance of staff through support and effective leadership
- Customer & Resident Relations
- Manage excellent customer service and monitor service request turnaround and responsiveness
- Projects a favorable image of the community to achieve property objectives and public recognition
- Ensure consistency in dealing with residents on all matters
- Enforce policies of the community that the immediate supervisor delegates
This job description should not be considered all-inclusive. It is merely a guide of expected duties. The employee understands that the job description is neither complete nor permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of their supervisor, an employee may be asked to perform additional duties or take on additional responsibilities without notice.