Anaplan, the Connected Planning pioneer, is changing the way the world’s most respected companies do business. We believe in clear, open communication enabling teams to overcome obstacles and move forward together. We want you to feel that you belong to a team, you matter, and are able to be your authentic self. We all work together to deliver business value with the power of Connected Planning at every level within every organization, and alongside an ever-growing number of users, a rich partner ecosystem, and active community. At Anaplan, our values are key to everything we do. We call it #AnaplanLOVE
At Anaplan these words come to life by making employees feel empowered and inspired.
Building a strong culture around company values is an ongoing journey
that will continue to be the core of our existence.
At Anaplan, we are looking for a MAJOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE to join one of the fastest growing cloud vendors and make your mark on the industry. You will take your proven track record of new business sales and Account Management of Global 2000 enterprises and sell an incredibly versatile solution that is helping people and companies around the world every day to make better-informed plans and decisions.
You will join a team of individuals who embrace and respect diverse perspectives, aren’t afraid to push boundaries and try new ideas, and are passionate about helping our customers and each other succeed. We work hard, but we also don’t wait for an excuse to have fun. In fact, we’re so serious about it that it’s one of our core values.
In this role, you will be a key contributor to Anaplan’s revenue growth while driving change as a market disruptor. Reporting directly to the RVP (Regional Vice President), you feel comfortable managing 1-4 major accounts in a defined (geographic) territory. Major accounts are defined as the most strategic accounts in a defined industry, depending on your background this could be cross-functional as well as cross-industry. The role offers an opportunity to further develop our footprint by winning new logo accounts as well as expanding opportunities within the current Anaplan customer base. You will be supported by a set of very senior team members in the ‘Village’ to make you successful, e.g. Sales Development Reps, Marketing, Pre-sales Consultants and Customer Success Team to build customer value and drive business and revenue onto the Anaplan platform.
What you’ll be doing:
- Engaging with targeted enterprise prospects to identify business processes in need of digital transformation and position Anaplan’s unique ability to solve critical business problems
- Building Anaplan’s business value throughout the selling engagement. Navigating complex prospect environments to align the prospect around the Anaplan solution
- Developing and owning Integrated Account Planning and Opportunity Planning process
- Utilizing Anaplan’s value-based selling methodology and tools such as Salesforce.com to run sales processes and accurately forecast business
- Leveraging Anaplan’s internal ecosystem as well as key GSI partnerships to build your Anaplan “franchise” and to drive results
- Employing world-class account management skills to identify account expansion opportunities by cross-selling and up-selling opportunities within targeted “major” accounts
- Conducting highly effective presentations to C-level executives and key C-suite level decision makers with a strong focus on the Office of the CFO
- Performing strategic sales planning, leading to accurate forecasting of the business
More about you:
- 10+ years’ above quota sales experience and successful selling into fortune 500 large and/or strategic company space
- Success selling into the highest levels of these accounts with a C-Suite focus
- Deep experience selling SaaS solutions, either directly or in partnership with a Big 4 consulting firm preferred
- Software and Business outcome focus selling background with impact on strategy level, e.g. selling cloud SaaS applications to solve for the middle office
- Strong senior executive network in your territory with customers and partners
- High degree of competency in value based selling strategies with a strong desire to continue to learn and improve your skills
- Ability to leverage and organize your colleagues from different disciplines in such a way that it creates the greatest value to the sales cycle
- Ability to deeply understand the customer’s business, pain points, key imperatives with a focus on a long-term relationship, increased relevance and investment in Anaplan.
- Ability to understand and navigate through complex, large company environments by establishing strong executive relationships
- Strong written, verbal, presentation and organizational skills
- Passionate about white boarding and journey mapping with prospects and creative selling
- Successfully led sales for a new solution category in a high growth market
- Experience working within a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Industry vertical experience relevant to the territory
- Domain understanding (e.g. Supply Chain, FP&A, Workforce Planning and Sales) and knowledge of how these functions plan and process work and make decisions
- BS/BA degree
Our diversity and inclusion commitment
Build your job in a place that thrives on diversity, inclusion and belonging. We believe in maintaining a hiring and working experience in which all people are respected and valued, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes people unique. We hire you for who you are, and we want you to bring your true self to work every day!
Anaplan is a cloud-native enterprise SaaS company helping global enterprises orchestrate business performance. Our customers come first to create heroes, unlock potential & build trust and confidence. We challenge legacy thinking and software that isn’t flexible for the modern organization. We have architected the only platform that will take the time from planning to decision down to zero.
We’re building a truly unique technology. From our calculation engine and in-memory data store, to apps and predictive analytics; amazing technology is being developed every day.
We’re addressing a $100B/year problem
that all global businesses face. Our mission is to break the traditional business planning mold, currently performed through spreadsheets or legacy systems.
Anaplan’s Connected Planning platform is enabling customers to improve decision-making by turning response time into real time, to make better decisions to enhance your business. The platform helps you dynamically orchestrate performance enterprise-wide, and convert constant change to your environment.
Protecting the health and safety of our communities, including our employees and of those considering a career at Anaplan, is our highest priority. We continue to closely monitor the evolving situation and we appreciate your understanding and flexibility with any related changes to our interviewing process.