ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an independent and result-oriented part-qualified Accountant to sit within the Finance team with a focus on the accounting and financial compliance for our expanding network of overseas branches. You will be part of the Group Finance, based in the local office and someone who is diligent, takes care of important details, ownership of their tasks and is not afraid of new challenges.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
• Key member of the team responsible for working with in house and external teams in the provision of the branch close and reporting process
• Working with internal and external stakeholders to help set up new branches, establish reporting processes and to ensure financial compliance requirements are satisfied
• Managing the reporting process and driving / assisting with issue resolution
• Reviewing and approving accounting records and entries prepared by external partners
• Monitoring and providing assistance in the tax and regulatory reporting requirements of local branches. Ensuring transfer pricing processes are followed and documented
• Providing support during the annual audit ensuring a timely and effective audit
• Assist in building a scalable and efficient global accounting and finance function
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• 3+ years’ experience in finance functions, preferably with experience within a financial service/banking industry.
• Part-qualified Accountant (ACA or equivalent), trained in a reputable practice or business
• Strong accounting knowledge
• Experience of month end close, functional reporting and preparation of statutory accounts and / or branch reporting experience
• Excellent attention to detail with the ability to unravel complex accounting queries
• Positive attitude: 'Can do' approach and willing to give everything a go from manual processing to larger projects.
• Excellent organisation skills: ability to plan and organise work so that it is efficient and effective
• Ability to comprehend and narrate financial records for external stakeholders and experience of working with and managing external service providers
• Experience in/proven record of process improvements (a plus)
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills