GumGum is a global technology and media company specializing in contextual intelligence. For over a decade, we have applied our proven machine learning expertise to extract value from digital content for the advertising industry. The company’s contextual advertising engine, Verity™, comprehends the meaning of text, images and video online, allowing marketers to safely and precisely place ads where people are most engaged. Combining that contextual targeting and brand safety intelligence with proprietary high-impact ad formats, GumGum’s advertising solutions deliver industry leading efficiency, accuracy and performance.
The Manager of Account Management is a people leadership role within the US Operations Department and ultimately responsible for overseeing a regional team of individual contributors who manage GumGum’s clients’ advertising campaigns. This role works with both internal teams and external client stakeholders and therefore a successful Manager, Account Management needs to possess superior communication and influencing skills as well as experience in complex client facing roles.
The Manager works closely with the Regional Sales team to ensure that GumGum’s Agency partners are receiving an industry leading end-to-end experience. Simultaneously, the manager is expected to work with internal Operations teams (AdOps, Creative Design and Engineering) to lead and deliver a seamless campaign launch and optimal campaign performance.
****Please note we are working from home until September 2021
Regional Team Leadership
- Lead a team of 4-6 individual contributors that are committed to providing an exceptional customer experience for our clients at all touchpoints of the campaign lifecycle.
- Build a highly inclusive culture that ensures team members have the best possible GumGum experience and allows regional goals to be achieved.
- Deliver meaningful feedback and coaching to team members through regular team check-ins.
- Provide the region with actionable goals to help keep the operations department as efficient as possible.
- Drive effective recruitment, onboarding, professional development, performance management and retention of Regional AM team members.
- Work closely with the Director of Account Management to keep career pathing, job descriptions and overall team structure up to date.
Coordinate internal teams to execute on sold campaigns
- Works regularly with AdOps Managers to monitor campaigns and ensure performance to client KPIs.
- Coordinates with Product to contribute to necessary enhancements and automations across GumGum’s internal systems that lead to overall efficiencies and scale throughout the Operations department.
- Maintain weekly communication with team members to review their book of business and make sure all campaigns are organized and turnaround times meet expectations.
- Participate in Operations leadership forums with other department peers (Creative Design, AdOps, Programmatic Solutions, Client Services) to receive important business updates on products and processes from the SVP of Operations.
Support new business development
- Directly manage campaigns / book of business for one senior level seller.
- Work closely with Regional Sales leaders to help foster a productive working relationship between Account Management and the Sales team.
- Support sales in managing and executing strategic sales opportunities.
- Meet regularly with the regional sales team to ensure clients are receiving GumGum’s white-glove level of service.
- Contribute on key client facing calls when a leader of Operations needs to be present.
- Ability to Identify key campaigns that could lead to incremental revenue and execute on winning this additional business.
- Drive for efficiency through best practices for Account Management through regular conversations with other regional managers for a consistent approach.
- BA/BS degree in Business (Advertising/Marketing) or similar work experience
- 5+ years of experience in the digital media field, preferably in online verticals - Account Management, Media Planning, Customer Service
- Previous experience in a leadership position, directly managing subordinates
- Ability to lead a regional team of 5+ with experience growing and scaling a team
- Ability to effectively help with the career growth of team members
- Diplomatically manage various stakeholders both internally and externally while delivering on client expectations
- Intermediate PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills
- Familiarity with Doubleclick, Salesforce, MOAT, Integral Ad Science, Millward Brown, DoubleVerify and JIRA among other third party services
- Proficient with online advertising terms, concepts, and revenue models
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare including 100% coverage for Employee + Spouse/family
- Dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program (role dependent)
- Paid parental leave
- Goodly - student loan contribution plan
- WFH monthly stipend
- Anniversary recognition and awards
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Stocked kitchen & Everytable Smartfridge
- Dog-friendly HQ office - we love our fur babies! Check us out on Instagram @dogsofgumgum
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
- Virtual monthly team bonding events
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
Stride - our company council committee to share learnings, give updates and provide feedback to the company regarding initiatives and discussions around diversity, inclusion and equity.
Thoughtful…We listen to understand different perspectives, show everyone respect, and relentlessly seek solutions for our clients (internal and external)
Agility…We are quick, nimble, and change direction gracefully, while maintaining control.
Grit…We bring energy and perseverance to everything we do.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award in 2021 by BuiltInLA, and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work in 2020 and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and on-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Check us out on Instagram: @gumgum