MindTickle is world's leading SAAS platform for sales readiness founded in 2011 by graduates of IITs, ISB & Stanford. Today, our rapidly growing team consists of 400+ people working from Pune & California.
We are proud to be one of the very few category-defining Indian companies that has made a global mark. In addition, we are funded by top Silicon Valley investors, like – Softbank, Canaan partners, NEA, Accel partners and Jyoti Bansal (founder, AppDynamics).
You’ll be an integral part of MindTickle’s Office of the CEO, working closely with the CEO, the Chief of staff and rest of the leadership team, to drive org-wide operational cadence and time-bound strategic initiatives. Your responsibilities would include:
Organizational goal planning:
Drive the annual process to plan organizational goals, using OKRs or an alternate framework, for the whole organization.
Ongoing performance tracking against the goal:.
Define KPIs to measure progress towards the defined goals, across all functions.
Install tools and systems to make the data collection process as automated as possible.
Install regular review mechanisms, drive periodic review meetings and publish progress reports for the leadership team.
Helping to bridge gaps between planning and execution.
Help functional leaders identify gaps between plan and execution.
Get cross-team conflicts & dependencies resolved. Drive cross-team projects, if required.
Be an information hub. Know what various teams are working on, and help connect the dots that wouldn’t otherwise get connected.
Drive high-priority initiatives that cannot otherwise be done. List of these would be defined from time to time, in consultation with the Chief of Staff and the CEO
- In general, expect to work in highly ambiguous environments. You’d be required to create clarity where there is none.
- Often, when you pick up a project - someone else in the organization may think that it was their job. You must be able to work “ego-free” - be happy to let others take credit for the work, and embrace “less-glamorous” parts of the job that others don’t want to do.
- This role will report to the Chief of Staff
- 3-6 years of experience in consulting, general management, operations or strategy roles with a track record of consistent, outstanding achievements. Experience in strategy consulting, starting up or fast-growing SaaS organizations is preferred.
- Hands on, operational experience with at least one function of a SaaS business, e.g. product development, sales, demand generation etc., would be a big plus.
- Ability to create clarity when none exists, learn quickly, take initiatives, drive complex projects and get things doneStrong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with large, cross-functional, multi-geography teams.
- Graduates and/or post-graduate degree from a Tier-1 institution is preferred
As an organization, it’s our priority to create a highly engaging and rewarding workplace. We offer tons of awesome perks, such as:
Annual workation - when the whole team travels to a hill station and works remotely.
All meals catered at office; fully stocked pantry; sleeping rooms.
Sponsorship for relevant conferences & professional events.
But what we enjoy the most about working here is probably the work itself and our colleagues. Check out our glassdoor page
(4.9/5) to see why our employees love us.