Refinery29 is the leading digital lifestyle media company for a millennial-minded audience of over 175 million users across platforms and 25 million on the web. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, and social, shareable content across all platforms, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish and informed life.
For three years running, Refinery29 has been featured in Inc. Magazine’s Top 500 fastest growing companies, and in 2013 it was rated the #1 fastest growing media company in the US. In 2014, Refinery29 was chosen as one of Fast Company’s World's Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Style, and won three Webby Awards including Best in Fashion & Beauty.
As part of the company’s international expansion plans Refinery29 UK was launched in November 2015, with Refinery29 Germany following in June 2016.
The Refinery29 UK Branded Content team is looking for a dynamic Branded Content Editor with a successful track record of creating innovative and engaging content for a leading media owner. Our ideal candidate will need to be able to work in a fun and fast moving environment, come armed with strong creative ideas and be meticulous to detail when creating written, photography and video content.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ideating strong creative story concept in response to client briefs
- Work with the creative content strategist to create compelling pitch (in Keynote) to convey the creative idea
- Write, edit and art direct custom branded content, sponsored programs, and editorial integrations across all content verticles (fashion, beauty, lifestyle, interiors, auto, wellness, FMG). This includes: dedicated articles, photo and video shoots, social media, and co-branded collateral
- Ensure that all sponsored copy is well-written, on-brand, grammatically correct, and logically structured, while also in line with the objectives of our advertising partners as well as in line with the R29 style guide
- Fact-check, sub edit and look out for potential brand issues
- Project manage from the editorial side. This includes working with editors for seamless integration, liaising with Sales and Marketing, producing editorial stories from start to finish, and managing timelines, budgets, and program scopes
- Ensure all creative is executed to brief. This includes writing or commissioning all content, creating storyboards and visual treatments, art directing photo and video shoots.
- Coordinate and manage design, and tech on all aspects of program functionality and look-and-feel
- Produce original content for special projects, articles, sales and event collateral and presentations
- Organize schedule of Brand Experiences program rollouts and integration with main editorial calendar alongside the Director of content production
- A minimum of 3 years in an editing and creative role within digital media
- Must be an excellent writer and editor, have a strong visual vision, spot-on judgment and great content execution skills
- Experience running photo and video shoots from a creative standpoint
- Willingness to make tough editorial decisions in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment, and to flag and escalate any potential issues to Director of Branded Content when necessary
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, overseeing multiple projects against tight deadlines, without sacrificing accuracy or attention to detail
- A genuine interest in digital advertising, and specifically branded content
- Never-ending patience, and a positive attitude
- Social media copywriting experience a plus and strong knowledge of keynote