Eventbrite is the world’s largest self-service ticketing platform. We build the technology to allow anyone to create, share, find and attend events that fuel their passions and enrich their lives. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, air guitar competitions, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions - you name it, we power it. Our mission? To bring the world together through live experiences.
What makes Business Development at Eventbrite so exciting? You’ll be working with UKI event organisers who manage everything from music festivals to concert venues to complicated registrations for mud runs, beer festivals, conferences, and much more. Our horizontal platform means no one conversation with a potential client is the same - the possibilities are endless! There is no one-size-fits-all solution. We’re consultative experts, and we train and invest in our smart and goal-oriented team to grow their careers here at Eventbrite.
We're looking for a tenacious and experienced sales leader to join our Cork-based Business Development team. The SMB and Mid-Market segment is a rich and dynamic space within the events landscape, and we're looking for a start-up oriented Business Development Lead to bring their creative problem solving skills, leadership experience and competitive drive to lead the team to great success.
You’ll be responsible for leading a growing team of Business Development Representatives, SMB and MM Business Development Managers; and helping them to define and execute on their individual business development strategies, communicate our unique value proposition, evangelise our solution, and accelerate Eventbrite’s growth in the European region.
Currently reporting to the Country Manager — United Kingdom / Ireland, the ideal candidate will have a commensurate amount of sales leadership experience and a great understanding of what makes a successful business development team in global scaleup. You would have ideally worked within a growth-stage environment across SaaS, technology or ticketing, have experience in coaching and mentoring a developing team to success, and a demonstrated history of exceeding sales targets and objectives.
- 5+ years of experience in sales management with a proven record of quota over-achievement
- People management experience with a proven track record in engaging, motivating and developing the capabilities of a team and getting the best out of people
- Professional business fluency in English is a must. A second language is a plus
- Strong lead generation and business development practices and processes, with an obsessive attention to detail
- Experience contributing to and executing against a go-to-market plan, delivering on quarterly business goals
- Firm understanding of segmentation; how to identify target customers, evaluate buyer interest, recognise decision-making processes, handle objections, and close the business - the entire process, end to end
- Proven ability to execute on consultative business development methodology
- Ability to develop a strong expertise in the ticketing industry by identifying trends, market challenges, and competitive offerings in your territory
- An integrative thinker - one who can join the dots and not just set a robust strategy, but commit to seeing it through to successful execution. A ruthless and efficient prioritiser and resourceful problem solver
- Strong organisation skills and superb capabilities with managing multiple high priority projects simultaneously and successfully
- An ability to build and nurture strong internal relationships at all levels
- Phenomenal communication skills
- A rare competitive fire. You want to win
- Experience in the events and/or ticketing industry, with a vast network of relationships
- Experience working as part of a remote team, building strong relationships both locally and internationally, and influencing effectively for local market needs
- Experience working in a matrix organisation, influencing across functional and business unit lines
Are you interested in this role and want to meet the team? Join us at this event on November 26th!
Eventbrite is a global ticketing and event technology platform, powering millions of live experiences each year. We empower creators of events of all shapes and sizes – from music festivals, experiential yoga, political rallies to gaming competitions –– by providing them the tools and resources they need to seamlessly plan, promote, and produce live experiences around the world. Last year, the team served 795,000 creators hosting nearly 4 million experiences across 170 countries. Meet some of the Britelings that make it happen.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.